Melbourne Vegan Strength

I just recently joined a vegan powerlifting crew and we filmed some of our lifts.

There are a some very strong lifters in the group and I think I will have my work cut out to get my lifts back up to challenge them.

I've posted the link to my lifts, I did a pb on the deadlift but my squat and bench are a bit down at the moment- I'll get them back up again soon.

http://www.veganstrength.org/profiles/joel-kirkilis/

Yeah he did a 232.5kg deadlift, it looked like he could have gone higher if he just went for it.

Massive guy and very humble too.

I think it is going to be a very positive experience training with them.

You and I will have to have a workout sometime, whenever either of us travel interstate

Yeah he did a 232.5kg deadlift, it looked like he could have gone higher if he just went for it.

Massive guy and very humble too.

I think it is going to be a very positive experience training with them.

You and I will have to have a workout sometime, whenever either of us travel interstate

A workout session sometime sounds great.

I'm planning on getting down to Melbourne in the next few months, so I'll let you know when.

Great stuff, man! Awesome numbers and, of course, an outstanding physique! I really hope to set up something similar here in Lithuania one day (we've got some vegans, but none of them are remotely interested in lifting weights).

More pictures and videos are mandatory in future, btw!

Joel....you are the man dude! I love the stuff you do and you're just a great person for the vegan athlete community.

Thanks Robert, I'm glad to be part of the community here

cool! the deadlift looked too easy for you though

I tried 185kg not long after that lift but failed, I should have just tried it before I did the 180. Either way it was my best deadlift.

Great stuff, man! Awesome numbers and, of course, an outstanding physique! I really hope to set up something similar here in Lithuania one day (we've got some vegans, but none of them are remotely interested in lifting weights).

More pictures and videos are mandatory in future, btw!

Thanks heaps mate, I'll get some more pics and videos and post them up soon.

You never know, some other weightlifters may want to become vegans after they see you lift.

would it be useless to ask for more pictures from you?

I'll find some more to post, I should make a training log on here so I can post training and nutrition too, like a lot of the others have done. They are interesting and motivational to read

I'll find some more to post, I should make a training log on here so I can post training and nutrition too, like a lot of the others have done. They are interesting and motivational to read

awesome! siked!

awesome! siked!

SIKESIKESIKE!

I would also love more info on your training and eating. Your physique is the best around here, still can't believe the size of your legs