Ask A Supplement Store Employee

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chewable creatine. Some of it is vegan and some isn't. Do you know which brands are safe?

You'll have to give me a specific brand. The only kind I know of off the top of my head is by GNC, and they list "Vegetarian" on the front label if it's veg-friendly. Of course, it can have milk, D-3, etc., in it so you need to check, but when it doesn't say it's Vegetarian, then it's not acceptable for vegans. The GNC chewables are not veg-friendly.

I'm with Joelk here, just do the powder.

You'll have to give me a specific brand. The only kind I know of off the top of my head is by GNC, and they list "Vegetarian" on the front label if it's veg-friendly. Of course, it can have milk, D-3, etc., in it so you need to check, but when it doesn't say it's Vegetarian, then it's not acceptable for vegans. The GNC chewables are not veg-friendly.

I'm with Joelk here, just do the powder.

GNC's chewable creatine lists this:

Cals: 10

carbs:2g

sugar:2g

Creatine Mono 2.5g(1 wafer)

other ingredients: Sucrose, Dextrose, beta-Carotene, Riboflavin Color and Natural Flavors.

No artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, sodium free, no wheat, no gluten, no soy, no dairy, yeast free.

Please do the research before you pose your opinionated guess on a product. Im not trying to come down on you, but it seems you made a guess and told Nathan to stick to powders. Not everyone likes powders. I used to gag everytime I had to take a certain powdered creatine. Tasted like sand. Also the GNC chewables do not say vegetarian on the front of the bottle.

With the chewables I dont get that. Im still waiting on finding a chewable vegan multi-vitam/mineral. Most capsules and even powders I cant take on an empty stomach without it coming back up and in the sink or toilet. With a chewable I can munch and go.

With the chewables I dont get that. Im still waiting on finding a chewable vegan multi-vitam/mineral. Most capsules and even powders I cant take on an empty stomach without it coming back up and in the sink or toilet. With a chewable I can munch and go.
VeganEssentials carries a chewable multivitamin, though you have to chomp 6 a day. Never tried it myself.

Please do the research before you pose your opinionated guess on a product. Im not trying to come down on you, but it seems you made a guess and told Nathan to stick to powders. Not everyone likes powders. I used to gag everytime I had to take a certain powdered creatine. Tasted like sand. Also the GNC chewables do not say vegetarian on the front of the bottle.

I wasn't making a guess. I work at a GNC and walked over to look at the product. However, GNC specifically will state whether the product is vegetarian friendly or not. It seems that some of this (possibly the natural flavors) would be sourced from an animal source. I wasn't just taking a guess...it's how GNC labels their products.

I just called them and they said I'll need to call their product line tomorrow. GNC's vegetarian stuff is made in a separate warehouse, but the stuff that's not listed as vegetarian is subject to cross-contamination because there are no precautions taken for it.

• 11 months later...
How about a good (caffeine free) pre workout drink/pill?

Try beet juice. I made a post about it here: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1956&p=228133#p228133 There are two articles in that post...you're looking for the first one, "DIETARY NITRATES: A New Way of Increasing Nitric Oxide Production."

And a creatine that will not cause me to gain a lot of water weight/look bloated?
I know some, but I'll have to double check on if they're vegan...I'll get back to you.

EDIT: The two creatines that I thought of first were SizeOn by Gaspari Nutrition and Kre-Alkalyn by All-American EFX.

Gaspari

"No it is not certified vegan friendly. Some of the ingredients are synthesized and may contain or have come in contact with animal products."

All-American EFX

"Yes, Kre-Alkalyn EFX is Vegan friendly, but get our powder form because we do not have any veggie caps as of yet, maybe one day but for now they are gelatin capsules."

So my suggestion is to get yourself a good creatine monohydrate (someone mentioned CreaPure in another thread), or Kre-Alkalyn. If you are okay with things that may have come into contact with animal products but do not directly contain animal products, then Gaspari's SizeOn will be okay for you as well.