people that know stuff about natropathy help

Ok so i went to a naturopath today and besides being super expensive she was of the opinion that i needed to be eating fish (omega 3) and eggs (dont know why)...

i mean obviously my health comes first and im not going to ruin my body but i only feel stronger and stronger about being a vegan every day, at the moment im eating plenty of fruit and veg with nuts and protein from shakes and tofu...

My question here is that does anyone know of substitutes that can replace the fish oil and eggs and how/why?

Does anyone have medical journals etc. proofing?

Thanx in advance guys.

Stay metal.

There is algea oil (which is what the fish eats). You get DHA and in some EPA. I don't know why you would need to eat eggs. If there's not enough sun where you live you need to supplement with vitamin D and no matter what you should also take b12 (both of those are in eggs if I remember correctly).

If you live in the US you can order algea oil (in capsules) from veganessentials.com and they have really good vitamin D (often vitamin D supps is not vegan) too. b12 pills are everwhere.

Anthropoid primates-chimps, bonobos, gorillas, and humans- do not eat animal products under benign environmental conditions. I would be very skeptical of anyone who calls themselves a "naturopath" and recommends an unnatural diet.

A natural diet of raw fruit and green leafy veggies contains the correct ratio of omega 3s and 6s without supplements. I take only very small amounts of B12 because the food I eat has the soil washed off it which normally contains the B12. Vitamin D is fat soluble so it remains in the body for months even with little sun exposure. I live at 45 deg N and take no D supplements, or anything other than B12. I do get lots of light on my skin to manufacture D every time the temp warms up.

Health is not nearly as much about what you put in your body, as what you don't put in it. Our bodies took millions of years to evolve and our half baked technological efforts do not begin to match the holistic health and vigor of our natural systems. If you eat the natural anthropoid diet of raw fruit and greens, and don't pollute your body with unnatural stuff like meat and dairy and starches and supplements and on and on, you will achieve unimagined health and vigor in an unbelievably simple way. By not inundating our bodies with "dietary toxins", we give our cleansing systems like the kidneys and liver and skin the opportunity to keep us strong and healthy. Not polluting the body is the KEY to health; just give your natural innate excellence a chance to shine through.

If you want a very good introduction to "Natural Hygiene", get Dr Douglas Graham's book "The 80/10/10 Diet." There are factions within Natural Hygiene who promote high fat diets, so be careful and read Graham first.

Flax and hemp oil both provide the same benefits of fish oil and are readily available

to paraphrase the naturopath she said that these 2 both have the same effects on skin but that the brain was unable to do anything with the oils as opposed to fish? Plz keep in mind that this is in relation to the mood swings that i was keen on at least moderating.

Anthropoid primates-chimps, bonobos, gorillas, and humans- do not eat animal products under benign environmental conditions. I would be very skeptical of anyone who calls themselves a "naturopath" and recommends an unnatural diet.

A natural diet of raw fruit and green leafy veggies contains the correct ratio of omega 3s and 6s without supplements. I take only very small amounts of B12 because the food I eat has the soil washed off it which normally contains the B12. Vitamin D is fat soluble so it remains in the body for months even with little sun exposure. I live at 45 deg N and take no D supplements, or anything other than B12. I do get lots of light on my skin to manufacture D every time the temp warms up.

Health is not nearly as much about what you put in your body, as what you don't put in it. Our bodies took millions of years to evolve and our half baked technological efforts do not begin to match the holistic health and vigor of our natural systems. If you eat the natural anthropoid diet of raw fruit and greens, and don't pollute your body with unnatural stuff like meat and dairy and starches and supplements and on and on, you will achieve unimagined health and vigor in an unbelievably simple way. By not inundating our bodies with "dietary toxins", we give our cleansing systems like the kidneys and liver and skin the opportunity to keep us strong and healthy. Not polluting the body is the KEY to health; just give your natural innate excellence a chance to shine through.

If you want a very good introduction to "Natural Hygiene", get Dr Douglas Graham's book "The 80/10/10 Diet." There are factions within Natural Hygiene who promote high fat diets, so be careful and read Graham first.

sorry about the multitude of posts haha but my quote skills are basic at best.

When asked of my diet i told her the following.

0600 I have a nitrofusion shake when i wake up (25g)

0630 eat bananas, peaches and apples for breakfast on the way to the gym (sugar for energy)

0700 lift workout at the gym

0830 (post shake has about 60g protein. 1tbps peanut butter + 2 scooy SPI + 1/2 cup soy milk + banana + 1 cup water) normally consumed this over an hour or two, from a bowl with a straw. i am all class.

throughout the day i eat 5-6 handfuls of almonds normally about an hour apart

1200 - lunch (aim for some raw veggies and nuts OR soup OR burritos etc.

1600 - some form of cardio training (basketball/running)

1800 - dinner time, normally home made mexican/indian/or vegetables of fortune put on the stove with garlic and soy sauce.

2200 - nitrofusion shake (25g)

i try and make a conscious effort to liberally eat nuts nd avacado as this is the easiest source of fat i can afford (am a student)

I stick away from breads and pasta but eat rice if i need a meal base.

i really envy you raw guys out there, more posting to be done but im going to see my town play basketball and give our rival town an absolute shellacking.

Thanx heaps guys

Peace!

Anthropoid primates-chimps, bonobos, gorillas, and humans- do not eat animal products under benign environmental conditions.

Absolutely untrue. Don't go around spreading false information in favor of your dogma.

Flax and hemp oil both provide the same benefits of fish oil and are readily available

to paraphrase the naturopath she said that these 2 both have the same effects on skin but that the brain was unable to do anything with the oils as opposed to fish? Plz keep in mind that this is in relation to the mood swings that i was keen on at least moderating.

That's not entirely true. Your body will convert portions of the EFAs in flax and hemp into the brain nutrients that you need. In fish oil, that conversion has already taken place, so your body doesn't have to do the work. You still get the brain benefits from these, but the conversion rate is on the low side. But not so low that they are unhelpful or that you *need* fish oil.

• 2 months later...

Hey there, I also went to see my naturopath yesterday and she also insisted that I take fish oil tablets. I asked her if there was any vegan source of omega 3's (flaxseed oil, hemp etc) and her reply was yes but because those oils also contain omega 6 and Im already getting enough omega 6 from eating nuts etc then if I was to use flaxseed oil as my omega 3 base it would unbalance the omega 3 & 6 ratio by consuming too much omega 6.

A natural diet of raw fruit and green leafy veggies contains the correct ratio of omega 3s and 6s without supplements.

I agree with this, however my body apparently has a hard time absorbing minerals which is why I dont feel 100% so I need the extra boost. HOWEVER Im a little skeptical, if I dont start feeling better in a couple months after taking all these vitamins, liver detox and intestimine powders (to help absorption) then I wont be going back because yes Naturopaths are super expensive!

How does everyone else in here get their omega 3's?

Good1Use.gif.303f9286e08a426d938875cc7c457d65.gif

A diet based on raw fruit and greens already has the right balance of fats. If you eat right, you won't need any supplements except maybe some occasional B12.

As long as you eat grains and starches, your going to have micronutrient uptake problems. Our intestines are very sensitive and are not designed to eat insoluble fiber (like in whole grains.) These fibers have microscopically sharp ends and edges that literally scrape your intestines-which is why "fiber" causes a bowel movement...its the body's gag response trying to expel the offending substance. To protect itself from the scraping, the body generates mucus along the intestines which shield the sharp fibers but also reduce your ability to absorb nutrients.

As long as you eat grains and starches, your going to have micronutrient uptake problems. Our intestines are very sensitive and are not designed to eat insoluble fiber (like in whole grains.) These fibers have microscopically sharp ends and edges that literally scrape your intestines-which is why "fiber" causes a bowel movement...its the body's gag response trying to expel the offending substance. To protect itself from the scraping, the body generates mucus along the intestines which shield the sharp fibers but also reduce your ability to absorb nutrients.

Thats very interesting, and it looks like whatever your doing is working for you so well done. So what does a typical days diet for you look like?

Super simple: bananas, cantaloupe, honeydew, watermelon, oranges, grapefruit, grapes, papaya, cucumbers, tomatoes, bell pepper, greens, and half an avacado. That's it. No supplements except an occasional B12. Orangutan diet. Covers all the bases: high energy, easy on the digestion, minimal preparation, easy cleanup, super hygienic, massive antioxidants and phytochemicals and vitamins and minerals. Haven't had so much as a cold since I started it 18 months ago. Keeps me at perfect weight for my height. Don't have to do any aerobics and eat whenever I like.

We are naturally healthy. Just keep the fuel, our food, super clean-which means ONLY eat raw fruit and greens-and most people will thrive. Our bodies are miracles of nature as long as we don't pollute them with our cultural nonsense.

Read Dr Douglas Graham's book The 80/10/10 Diet. I can not say enough about this incredibly simple and effective diet.

[attachment=0]Good1Use.gif[/attachment]

A diet based on raw fruit and greens already has the right balance of fats. If you eat right, you won't need any supplements except maybe some occasional B12.

yeah the proof is in the pic there, good job. i had teeth problem, which i never did before, when i just ate alot fruits vegetables with nothing else. thought it was the excess sugar and lack of protein in my diet?

Teeth for older people are largely a matter of their child hood. Middle class kids go to dentists regularly and get braces. Working class kids often don't get dental care. I have the money now to get braces, but really, I'm not that vain. Never had any trouble with my teeth on this diet. In fact, this diet is great for ALL aspects of hygiene.

So Shawn, why don't you post your pic up here and tell us about how many hours a week you bust your butt in the gym and doing aerobics. And about your mystery diet. And even if you are half way fit, we can stick around for the next 30 years (your obviously young) and see what you look like at my age. Yeh right.

Teeth for older people are largely a matter of their child hood. Middle class kids go to dentists regularly and get braces. Working class kids often don't get dental care. I have the money now to get braces, but really, I'm not that vain. Never had any trouble with my teeth on this diet. In fact, this diet is great for ALL aspects of hygiene.

So Shawn, why don't you post your pic up here and tell us about how many hours a week you bust your butt in the gym and doing aerobics. And about your mystery diet. And even if you are half way fit, we can stick around for the next 30 years (your obviously young) and see what you look like at my age. Yeh right.

Well I was givin ya a compliment on the pic man! Either way, Ill have to check out that book for sure.

Pics, if i get one, ill post one day

Are you implying ppl on a raw vegan diet won't have any dental problems?

Sorry Shawn

Wasn't sure what you were getting at; should of given you the benefit of a doubt. Written communication leaves something to be desired.

And no. I'm not suggesting dental problems won't develop with low-fat raw vegans. I have never seen a complaint about carries or cavities in the user group I belong to for this diet. One member has been on it for 25 plus years. Guess I'm sensitive about comparing fruit sugar packed in naturally filtered water and gentle soluble fiber, loaded with vitamins and antioxidants and phytochemicals, to "sugar" like in candy bars or bags of cane sugar. They're night and day different. Not to mention, only sugar can be oxidized for energy by humans. Anything we eat that eventually gets burned is converted to sugar by the body. Also, dehydrated foods like raisins are widely considered to be the worst for your teeth because they're so sticky (and cooking is a type of dehydration usually.). Truly raw food still has its water and is not sticky.

Sugar has a bad rap in some ways, maybe because its often associated with junk food. Many people are surprised to learn that this high "sugar" diet is very effective at treating and reversing T2 diabetes. So the sugar issue is actually pretty nuanced, like many things.

Sorry Shawn

Wasn't sure what you were getting at; should of given you the benefit of a doubt. Written communication leaves something to be desired.

And no. I'm not suggesting dental problems won't develop with low-fat raw vegans. I have never seen a complaint about carries or cavities in the user group I belong to for this diet. One member has been on it for 25 plus years. Guess I'm sensitive about comparing fruit sugar packed in naturally filtered water and gentle soluble fiber, loaded with vitamins and antioxidants and phytochemicals, to "sugar" like in candy bars or bags of cane sugar. They're night and day different. Not to mention, only sugar can be oxidized for energy by humans. Anything we eat that eventually gets burned is converted to sugar by the body. Also, dehydrated foods like raisins are widely considered to be the worst for your teeth because they're so sticky (and cooking is a type of dehydration usually.). Truly raw food still has its water and is not sticky.

Sugar has a bad rap in some ways, maybe because its often associated with junk food. Many people are surprised to learn that this high "sugar" diet is very effective at treating and reversing T2 diabetes. So the sugar issue is actually pretty nuanced, like many things.

No prob man, understand about the computer jargon.

Yeah i was eating any junk food, only organic fruits and vegetables (cooked also). Maybe it was all the shit my body was detoxifying, or something like that, lol. I dunno. I just know it went away when I added some legumes and grains in there.