New member from Germany

Pofi

Hi !

Just a short introduction.

I was born with weak muscles and a funnel chest (Pectus excavatum). The way I ate and my activities in my youth didn't change much of that. Actually...I could eat what I wanted...I did not gain any weight. My muscles got slightly more developed due to some sportive activities and the occasional stronger efforts to train my body. But most of those efforts were destroyed because I got often caught some bad case of the flu or another infection, which stopped my efforts immediately.

A few years ago I switched to vegetarian food. First with the occasional fish or egg in between but as I found out that I am intolerant to milk products I decided to skip the fish and eggs as well. At the end of last year I went raw vegan from one day to the next and I' feeling good so far. It takes some adjustment but I seem to slowly find the right balance of what I need to eat.

To get more serious about gaining weight (or muscles)...I joined a fitness club this month...to have better possibilities for the training.

My progress pics can be found here

OK...that should be enough for now but feel free to fire away with any questions...

Welcome to the group! Great to have you here. We have quite a few members from Germany. Some aren't as active as they used to be, but in general, quite a bit of activity from Germany here in our forum.

All the best and welcome aboard!

Fitness club! Love it or do you mean a gym? Either way great stuff dude. As you know i saw your pics and i support you all the way

You are right...gym would be a better word for it. Although it is not a "normal" gym...it is specialized in "medical invigoration" with e.g. courses for strengthening the back and the machines they use are mostly from MedX like you can find here.

Under normal circumstances I would add a few extra exercises after the round in the gym...to train the muscles which are not in the current training schedule but after a slight accident two weeks ago I'm a bit handicapped while parts of my body (left lower leg and right wrist joint) recover.

Hey! What a nice surprise! I spent some years in Bielefeld, awesome town

Interesting...not so many people around that have been in Bielefeld and find it awesome...but maybe I haven't met the other side yet...

Welcome, and good luck gaining mass!

If you want to get more mass easily, the best way is to eat seeds and nuts all day long. That way you can get those calories without having to eat 3898325 kg food every day. Plus you'll get all the nutrients, proteins and healthy fat at the same time.

Gogogo! I'll remind you again to eat those seeds later on!

Thanks to all...it feels good to be here...although I was lurking in the dark shadows of the "non-members" for some time now...reading through the messages...I kicked myself in the butt...and decided to come out into the open...

Welcome, and good luck gaining mass!

If you want to get more mass easily, the best way is to eat seeds and nuts all day long. That way you can get those calories without having to eat 3898325 kg food every day. Plus you'll get all the nutrients, proteins and healthy fat at the same time.

Gogogo! I'll remind you again to eat those seeds later on!

Ah...yes...calories....those are easy....

The problem I have at the moment (or maybe making for myself)...is...what type of calories to eat...protein, carbohydrates or fat?

At the moment I'm aiming for 20% protein, 20% fat and the rest carbohydrates. Getting calories from fat is no problem...I just have to eat my nuts or olives or avocados...or something like that. Calories from carbohydrates are also easy...just sticking to dried fruits like figs, dates for example.

The information about that is rather confusing...from the ones with a high fat diet to the ones with 80/10/10. Some say that a high fat diet is just for starters of a raw diet...others don't care.

It would probably best to listen to my body...that is waht I try to do...but some good starting point would be of good use...to avoid running into trouble to early. So far I'm still searching for my combination...although fats and carbohydrates seem to work easier for me as the protein side. Any pointers or tips would be appreciated.