Reality TV

JW

Oddly enough my fiance really seems to enjoy the Real Housewives of Orange County...

I saw the first season of that but they haven't released season 2 on DVD, and I'm always too busy to see shows when they actually air.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like a car crash...very hard to look away!

Hm, yes. But I like how all of the families are so open about their lives. How many couples like Jo and Slade would let cameras film their break up? How many families would let cameras film the drama resulting from the son's fist fight or (unfair, in my opinion) jailing? How many women would let cameras film their wild nights out, including drinking and raunchy dancing? You know it's special.

People always criticize reality stars for "getting famous without doing anything" but personally I think it would be much easier to act out a script then let cameras film your real everyday private moments.

Edited by aryan

:oops:

I must admit I rather enjoy those shows too...

I actually like the Real Housewives of NY better.

You're right about the trainwreck factor!! OMG!!!

I haven't seen the NY version.

I agree about the trainwreck factor, however, can anyone honestly say their life wouldn't look like a trainwreck if edited down to the most interesting/entertaining moments?

my cynical side often wonders how much of these shows are truly unscripted

There seems to be an awful lot of pandering to the camera going on.

A lot of those shows are edited in a way to make it look like there's more drama than there actually is. I must admit I do enjoy them though!

my cynical side often wonders how much of these shows are truly unscripted

There seems to be an awful lot of pandering to the camera going on.

I tend to go into them with the mindset of, "I'm about to see a fictional program, edited out of real unscripted footage."

I wasn't so sure about watching this year but I tuned in and was surprised. They started the gameplay very quickly. Alliances, backstabbing, drama..... all in the first week!

That's the problem with American BB. The whole thing is about the game. That's entertaining for maybe a season if you've never watched a reality show before, but eventually I'd like something new.

Yesterday I watched The Princes of Malibu on DVD. I was really surprised to see Spencer Pratt from The Hills on it! He looks so different, even though it was only about a year earlier... you can tell it's he but his hairstyle or something (I'm not exactly sure what it is) suits him much better on this one. His eyes don't look so close together. Anyway, the show was so good I ended up watching all 6 episodes in one sitting. It's really a shame this show didn't run longer than it did.

hmmm don't know that one.

what is the premise?

David Foster is angry with stepsons Brandon and Brody Jenner. He views them as lazy, and resents that they are living the high life on his dime. After coming home one day to find the home trashed for a 21st birthday bash, David is furious, sends everyone home, and the next day sits down with Brandon and Brody and tells them he thinks it's time they move out and support themselves. But they will have none of that. They eventually compromise that they will start paying rent.

With the help of their friend Spencer Pratt, Brandon and Brody come up with creative ways to make money to pay the rent. They have a car wash - which is such a big success they end up trapping one of David's clients in the line of cars, they have a drive-in screening of an unreleased film - trashing the lawn of David's $40 million Malibu estate, and come up with a few other wacky schemes.

David finally gets mad and decides to get even, resulting in a full-fledged "war."

Unbelievable.

Is anyone following the new Hell's Kitchen season?

Nope. That guy is a jerk. Long ago I watched part of an episode where he was shouting and cursing at the participants the entire time and criticizing anyone who had a problem with using veil in their recipes. Later I gave his other show a chance, and turned it off after he referred to veganism as a "gimmick."

hmmm don't know that one.

what is the premise?

David Foster is angry with stepsons Brandon and Brody Jenner. He views them as lazy, and resents that they are living the high life on his dime. After coming home one day to find the home trashed for a 21st birthday bash, David is furious, sends everyone home, and the next day sits down with Brandon and Brody and tells them he thinks it's time they move out and support themselves. But they will have none of that. They eventually compromise that they will start paying rent.

With the help of their friend Spencer Pratt, Brandon and Brody come up with creative ways to make money to pay the rent. They have a car wash - which is such a big success they end up trapping one of David's clients in the line of cars, they have a drive-in screening of an unreleased film - trashing the lawn of David's $40 million Malibu estate, and come up with a few other wacky schemes.

David finally gets mad and decides to get even, resulting in a full-fledged "war."

Unbelievable.

I've seen that!!! as soon as I started reading it, it brought back the memories

a little bit disfunctional wouldn't you say?

Aryan - Gordon Ramsey's done worse than that, he's even hidden meat in vegetarians' food that was ordered in his restaurants.

Can't he be sued for that? That's ing.

I agree!

that is just so wrong I can't speak!!!