Do you Care about your health? Or do you love muscle more?

RAINRA

My girlfriend told me that her brother was going on a red meat eating rampage to build muscle. She showed him this site and he refuses to believe it. He will not hear anything other than that. Most people by now should know red meat being high in saturated fat and cholesterol and is terrible for your health.

I notice that for some even as vegan would do anything too be big even if it taxed their health. Do you think this is an obsession out of control and it is just how it is or do you think health comes first and then building muscle?

---

I would say for me, I choose health as number one. Muscle is a result of good eating and hard workout.

Actually muscle building is more than that, it is actually muscle and bone building. As we all know when your muscles put stain on your skeleton the bone responds like the muscle, and rebuilds itself stronger.

So these processes are definetly health promoting. Of course like anything some carry it to greater or lesser degree, like the workaholic. Guess it good that people push there personal boundries as life might be boring without extremes.

Diabetes, high blood pressure, and high LDL runs in my family. They all take medications. Health comes first unfortunately. I wish I could train for strength and EAT without having to worry about getting fat and developing a powerbelly. I want to get stronger and fuck cardio.

I do not think it's an obession out of control with me. Ok, maybe it is an obsession.

Diabetes, high blood pressure, and high LDL runs in my family. They all take medications. Health comes first unfortunately. I wish I could train for strength and EAT without having to worry about getting fat and developing a powerbelly. I want to get stronger and fuck cardio.

If you have to worry about a powerbelly, you're eating too much..

If you have to worry about a powerbelly, you're eating too much..

It's age. I assume you are in your 20's, no? You'll understand when you get closer to 30. It ain't easy for some people to stay lean. I've consumed b/t 2000-2400 calories a day, closer to 2000, for the past 9 days since I started consuming less calories and keeping a food log.

I wish I cared more about muscle but I don't really. I do more cardio and I eat basically nothing compared to what I used to because I want to live untill I'm 120 years old.
I'd rather die at 75.15 years old (the average life expectency for an american male) and have a 1500lbs/682kg total.

i dunno; i'm going to have to say that I love muscle at the expense of health. Imo, to stay healthy one should not be building for very extensive and intensive periods of time with high amts of cals and tons of breaking down muscle tissue is overall health is the number one goal.

however i love putting on slabs of muscle. I feel that the vegan way, minimally processed specifically, it the most healthful way to do so.

If I cared about my health more, i'd prob underreat ALOT more than I overeat and focus more on stretching, meditation, yoga and occasional resistance training to keep a fair amount of lbm but nothing exorbitant. I'd fast more often, juice more instead of eating calorie dense grains and nuts and seeds. More fruits and veggies than anything else with superfoods to supplement with.

BUT i think that the stress free living i have by doing what i truly want with my body would prolong my life more so than avoiding exercising vigorously and eating, at times, voraciously, to feed growing mucsles.

It taking some time but I will prove that a 2000 under calorie diet average protein intake will still push muscle growth with good rest and a hard workout. I know when I over eat because food stays in the stomach too long. I think that is the problem. I myself need to focus on eating food more often and small amounts. This uses less resources and energy on the body to breakdown the food an yields the same good results. On a average digestion is the most nutrient thief in the body in order to help the body liquify the food to digest. More smoothies and more soups probably easier way to get calories and less work for the digestive track. End result left over energy to push at the gym and recover.

Just thoughts