Life's Basics Plant Protein-Tell me about it!

Hi there....

I am totally discouraged by how expensive Vega is. Ok, right, got it about "quality ingredients cost more," but I'm fed up with only "rich people" having access to health. You know what? I'm not buying it.

I'm a holistic healthcare practitioner, and see this with all KINDS of supplements that may have true health promoting value, but then get down to it, they are just freaking overpriced.

So....I found this plant based protein powder-SLIGHTLY less expensive than Vega-wondering if anyone's tried it. What do you think?

Also, I'm seriously considering getting into the manufacturing of this product myself just to give the "rest of us" who don't have bottomless wallets a quality product thats REASONABLY priced....I'm serious about this! Its time for people to have access to quality healthcare without having to be wealthy to get it gosh darn it!

VERY well said Theresa! Good health is a RIGHT of all people who desire it and are willing to make the effort.

Personally I don't use any supplements. I eat mostly whole foods to keep healthy.

I think you should go for it - make the cheaper product. You could even donate part of the profits to a charitable organization, if you want to, of course.

Also, I'm seriously considering getting into the manufacturing of this product myself just to give the "rest of us" who don't have bottomless wallets a quality product thats REASONABLY priced....I'm serious about this! Its time for people to have access to quality healthcare without having to be wealthy to get it gosh darn it!

Why are you so dead set on vega? It basically pea and hemp protein with some vitamins, omegas, and a very small amount of probiotic.. All those things are pretty cheaply found on their own. Vega is a great product, but it is not necessary. If you want health eat simple whole food.

Vega has a lot of expensive things like maca and chlorella in it, so on top of the company being interested in a profit, it's not going to be cheap.

Vega is awesome and easy, just like Zack. I mean, just like some other protein drink mixes. Have you checked out trueprotein? I like to make my vega last by just using half a serving... it's so rich, and using it like every other day or every couple of days.

I don't think that vega is necessary for good health society wide. I think healthy eating for regular people is more dependent on the availability of cheap, locally grown, accessible, lesser processed, organic foods.

Edited by vivalasvegans

VERY well said Theresa! Good health is a RIGHT of all people who desire it and are willing to make the effort.

Interesting concept, but it flies in the face of reality.

Explain yourself.

Hard to explain to a child who is suffering from some childhood disease that he has a RIGHT to good health.

Hard to explain to a child who is suffering from some childhood disease that he has a RIGHT to good health.

I'd do it. I'd tell him good health is his absolute right. Personally I think it is those who would tell him he does not have that right (basically meaning that he deserves to have that disease) who are in the wrong.

I appreciate the conversation......I just want to point out something that often gets overlooked. With any product, especially from a small company, how often do we sincerely consider the costs of:

Manufacturing

Testing

Packaging

Labeling

Storing

Shipping

Staff wages

Advertising

Travel/promotion

There are many other things to consider. Often times, we forget these things and overlook them.

We do a lot to support local organic farms in Canada, support a lot of non-profit groups and events, support communities like this one and we create tens of thousands of vegan meals a day that otherwise would have been non-vegan because we reach out to a wide audience and 90% of our customer base is non-vegan...therefore having a dramatic influence on the environment by giving a plant-based alternative to those who normally would have been whey all the way. Or who would have had another form of non-vegan breakfast, post-workout drink or meal.

So we're doing some really good stuff.

I'd love to see the price point go down as well, don't get me wrong, I really would...I just wanted to point out how many costs are involved before the product ever hits the shelf. Then of course they have to pay people like me who promote the hell out of it and create vegan meals all over the world

Thanks for supporting Vega.

To save some money and get tons of free stuff for supporting Vega, read here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18718

Giving a way a bunch of stuff to those who have been supporting Vega for a while and those who order it from BB.com (because they gave me tons of free stuff to pass out to you guys/gals).