"VERY POOR LEGS"

Ehi guys,on this forum I speak about mentzer.

But you must see how I am poor of strenght.

I am not the same of 10 years ago.

Im tryng the exercises.

Im doing Squat BW in supersets with forward lunge.

1 set of squat,1 set of forwar lunge,no rest,3 times,10 repetitions,3 times a week,beginner workouts.

I cannot stand up or sit.I did it only 2 sets,the third, I could fall down.

Last time I had DOMS for 1 week.

Is better if I adjust the leg-extension leg-curl of my bench

or I continue like today?

I will be new TOM PLATZ (reversed)

1 set of squat,1 set of forwar lunge,no rest,3 times,10 repetitions,3 times a week,beginner workouts.

Why the hell are you doing this?

You say you are "of poor strength" (which is relative anyway) and you have "very poor legs".

So why don't you train a simple squat program? To make you stronger and your legs bigger?

This superset nonsense won't get you very far.

Though i suppose it does feel nice

Thanks to you two for attention.

I decided do 3 sets for 10 reps 3 times a week because

I thinks this is right for beginners.

I decided to do super sets for a short workout,

and because I think superset are better for mass.

Ill try do only the squat,and for 5 sets,what you suggest,

,if the problem still occur.

Thanks

Yes,I feel legs very nice with that superset

I have trouble stand up.

• 1 month later...
Ehi guys,on this forum I speak about mentzer.

But you must see how I am poor of strenght.

I am not the same of 10 years ago.

Im tryng the exercises.

I cannot stand up or sit.I did it only 2 sets,the third, I could fall down.

Last time I had DOMS for 1 week.

Is better if I adjust the leg-extension leg-curl of my bench

or I continue like today?

I will be new TOM PLATZ (reversed)

I think if you are having DOMS for a week then you seriously fucked your legs up too much. One thing I've learnt from DC training is to go for your max..but just once. It allows you to recover quicker and hence work legs twice a week..which translates to your legs GROWING twice a week. Don't listen to the boys about lunges.they give you a very nice ass and I think most men should worry a little more about their asses!!! But perhaps split squats would be a better option to build size as you can take more weight. I lke to do them on the smith machine

I alternate between regular squats on my first workout of the week, to split squats on the second. legs have always been my weakest area because I do a lot of running..then I started training them once a week till I limped out the gym..but after six months of suffering like that I realised that I had made no real progress whatsoever. Now with DC I've really started to see my legs growing. Working like a nutter once a week is fine if you take roids or GH but if you are a natural BB you really can't fuck up your body so much and expect it to grow...infact overtraining like that will probably only result in your muscles getting smaller.

After a lot of years of ineffective suffering and DOMS so incredible I often had to take pain killers to sleep, I really have to say that i couldn't gree with Veganessentials more:

"And, I can never stress enough, feeling sore doesn't necessarily mean you're making progress in the leg department"

Once I trained my legs so hard I had DOMS for maybe 4 days. It was pretty intense. However, the next time I tried the same routine, I got slight DOMs for maybe a day?

This happens whenever I try a new routine. My muscles are sore because I shocked them, but the next time I do it I'm fine.

But yeah, if you had DOMS for a week I would say you overdid it!

Try a 20 squat program. It's quite simple, and will build up your lower body strength nicely.

Thanks to you two for your complete answers to my post.

I did lunges for legs bicpes,but I have less energies for squat.

Now I do what I learned on this forum:

I begin with only squat bw using all my energies for it,

then, only AFTER and onoly if I can,I do lunges

I had a problem to right elbow in bench press.

I loose concentration on legs.I wrong.

Now I found the solution for the other problem,

I back train legs hard.

About my elbow problem in bench press and upper body in general,

the solution I used,is a wide grip,lower weights,

higher repetitions and sets.I did 8x12.

I am a fan of High intensity,

but I am a beginner and my body is not good for that,instead,eating a lot more of carbo and doing much sets,my muscle gaines a little mass!

My back does not work well with 8x12,

chest a LITTLE nice,

instead arms great,recover fast and grow!

I still look very skinny like a guy never trained or eated...but I know I enanched something.

I hope 8x12 will work much long in time as enough to recover my elbow problem

Bye...just now I have a soy milk shake with a lot of sugar!

I recommend Plyo. The P90X plyo exercises seem lame individually, but when you do them all with one right after the other, it is an amazing workout. I was a really sore after the first day, but each subsequent day the soreness is less and less. And the strength in my legs has probably doubled. Not to mention endurance. I wish I could say the same for my upper body.

Do a 10 minute warm-up and do your squats FIRST.

They will require most of your energy.

You hit it on the nose.

I've never understood why anyone would want to put squats AFTER doing other exercises that will pre-exhaust and cause your squatting to be less than optimal. If you don't need full power and concentration for your squat sets, then you ain't squatting properly

Squat first, do whatever else you want to do afterward. By far, the best way to go about it.