Why should I be vegeterian?

RAINRA

I thought he was pretty fair, i thought it would be really bad. I really agree with him on 1 major point, You need to be more Pro Vegan rather then just Anti meat if we hope to make the movement bigger therefore lesson the suffering and killing of animals. i mean on the couple threads in the Heath section we had a couple members here saying that we evolved to eat meat and that plant protein is inferior to animal proteins and so on. Telling people to go to a inferior diet nutritionally isn't a good way at all to sell veganism. then you could say well what about the killing of animals? we'll you just got done saying we're made to eat them, so i hear alot of double speak and alot of anti meat but not pro veganism.

I belive that Veganism is a Win win win all the way around the board and unless you approch it as such the movement will be slowed drastically

yeah I agree that people need to show more the benefits and hype the truth about veganism. Unfortunately to being positive the main reason many are vegan is because animals are terribly treated and on top commodified. If I had not seen animal slaughter I may not be vegan now. I was on the line eating 3 0z of fish and chicken then I saw earthlings and it all just made sense. Works together the Negative and the Positive.

I thought he was pretty fair, i thought it would be really bad. I really agree with him on 1 major point, You need to be more Pro Vegan rather then just Anti meat if we hope to make the movement bigger therefore lesson the suffering and killing of animals. i mean on the couple threads in the Heath section we had a couple members here saying that we evolved to eat meat and that plant protein is inferior to animal proteins and so on. Telling people to go to a inferior diet nutritionally isn't a good way at all to sell veganism. then you could say well what about the killing of animals? we'll you just got done saying we're made to eat them, so i hear alot of double speak and alot of anti meat but not pro veganism.

I belive that Veganism is a Win win win all the way around the board and unless you approch it as such the movement will be slowed drastically

Very few people exist on meat alone, we all consume fruits and vegetables in some form. so the argument is really only about the meat.

yeah I agree that people need to show more the benefits and hype the truth about veganism. Unfortunately to being positive the main reason many are vegan is because animals are terribly treated and on top commodified. If I had not seen animal slaughter I may not be vegan now. I was on the line eating 3 0z of fish and chicken then I saw earthlings and it all just made sense. Works together the Negative and the Positive.

Yeah i agree, there has to be both. I think with the anti meat stuff we have as many people or pretty close to as many as we're going to have. Most people that truely care are all ready vegans, but then there's alot of people that like and care for animals but are feed these lies about protein and bone health and on and on. so to have Vegans saying the same stuff is very bad for the movement and we stunt it for sure.

Very few people exist on meat alone, we all consume fruits and vegetables in some form. so the argument is really only about the meat.

?