Quitting my job for vegan reasons :)

shawnb222

There is this canteen that is in my college. The canteen in this college sells so much meaty animalistic cr*p I cant believe it. I am starting to get discouraged about working at this place. I just can't stand all of the meat they sell, including tons of hamburgers, chicken wraps, tuna sandwiches, egg salad sandwiches, and chocolate milk, holly cr*p. I feel that I can't work there anymore, because in a way, I am supporting what they sell. Just today I told a few co-workers, who know I am a vegan, and I said I'm thinking of quitting, because veganism is my lifestyle, and I don't think I can work in a place like this. They both told me to speak to the manager, and I will. Another reason I want to quit because, you know, thinking of all the animals that went through pain, for all the revenues they make by selling fat arterie clogging hamburgers, chicken disease wraps, egg samonella salad sandiwiches, Chocolate Puss-Milk , and I'm helping the dam canteen make more profits by working, so they can buy more disease animal foods, cause more animals to go through pain, causing more people to develop disease, I say thats enough!, I AM QUITTING, I am a vegan and I am going to stand up for my beliefs!.

Yes, so, I am not going to work there anymore. I think I will survive, until I get a job in an environment with like-minded people. I got enough money to be able to not work for a month or two, until I find a job with like-minded people, as I said. . I will have to cut my expenses, eat less food probably , but I will get to spend more time developing my new site, study for school, etc. Hmm, I guess that's it.

I really wanted to tell this out to you guys because of our like-mindedness, to people who will understand, and can support me.

I know I am doing the right thing.

Well, Hope you's all have a great day!, I'm gonna go to bed soon, it's 11:43 PM.

L8er All!

You dont help them make more money, they would make as much money with another employee. But if you dont feel comfortable working there, leave, of course. But it is better to find another job first, and then you leave... well, it is more safe, but less adventurous, and sometimes it is good to take risks.

Or you can suggest your boss to put some vegan items and see if it sells well. It should, because its different then what they sell at other places. I find it sad that all the shops, restaurants, etc offer always the same shit and people buy it. There's only 1 or 2 original stores per city that sells special products that are different. I can't believe there's McShit joints and Starbucks on all street corners and people dont mind, they have no need for variety.

I hate to say this but it's very unlikely you'll ever find a job with like-minded people.

I work in a call center for a pizza joint that's obviously not vegan, but the people I work with are very kind to me. When we have pizza night they always make sure that I get a personal vegan pizza

It's just as good for me to work with people who are understanding. They may not believe the same things I do (I'm the only vegan there) but they are really nice and support me.

Good luck to you. I recently quit a job with no job in sight, but was very lucky to get a new one quickly. It is definitely a rough time for job seekers, especially if you are looking for like-minded coworkers. But if you are determined and this isn't working for you (I personally couldn't imagine working in a place like that myself), I'm sure you'll find something that will, or is at least a step in the right direction

Jobs are hard to find nowadays. By continuing to work there you might be able to do something that will help veganism - such as explaining to people why you are vegan and giving them leaflets. Better to stay there until you can get other work.

It would be very difficult to find a job that wasn't connected in some way to cruelty. Humans have arranged things so that we can't avoid being part of the cruelty, and it is difficult to buy certain goods that aren't tainted with cruelty and abuse. I'm typing on a computer that might contain animal glues or milk products in the plastic. Our taxes go towards funding cruel medical research, and subsidising animal farmers and fishermen. We can't avoid being part of the cycle of cruelty.

We can only do our best. Sometimes, our best is not good enough but what we do is better than those who don't care anything about anything and who don't do anything to ease the suffering of others.

Jobs are hard to find nowadays. By continuing to work there you might be able to do something that will help veganism - such as explaining to people why you are vegan and giving them leaflets. Better to stay there until you can get other work.

It would be very difficult to find a job that wasn't connected in some way to cruelty. Humans have arranged things so that we can't avoid being part of the cruelty, and it is difficult to buy certain goods that aren't tainted with cruelty and abuse. I'm typing on a computer that might contain animal glues or milk products in the plastic. Our taxes go towards funding cruel medical research, and subsidising animal farmers and fishermen. We can't avoid being part of the cycle of cruelty.

We can only do our best. Sometimes, our best is not good enough but what we do is better than those who don't care anything about anything and who don't do anything to ease the suffering of others.

That was well said.

Hmm, after reading what all of you's said, I think it's better for me to keep this job until I can find another one. Like when I work there I do tell people why I am a vegan. There is this one worker that asks me many questions on what I eat, why Im a vegan etc, and I think I am supporting her make the transition, I feel that she is willing also.

If I plan on working there longer I will tell them that they should sell healthier stuff, but no promises there.

Thanks alot for your support guys!

Have a great day!