Jack Norris, vegan RD shuts down the "Green Smoothie Girl"

Steak every three years?Sea vegetables are said to contain b12 and if not i'd take a vitamin every three years.Killing animals is never the answer.

Jack Norris also has one of the best articles on the web about vitamin B-12. Sea vegetables do not have vitamin b-12. They have chemicals that look similar to b-12 and block real b-12.

You can read a sticky in VBB about Jack Norris' article

BTW, most b-12 supplements are "natural" in that they are made from yeasts

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10882

Does all this mean that sea vegetables may actually be detrimental to health? That'd be news to me as I hear constantly about how nutritious and otherwise healthy they are.

Does all this mean that sea vegetables may actually be detrimental to health? That'd be news to me as I hear constantly about how nutritious and otherwise healthy they are.

Only if you depend on them for vitamin b-12.

Sea vegetables are also extremely high in sodium ( read the back of a package ). The MAO Clinic recommends that healthy people keep their sodium under 1500 mg a day.

Fish, particularly bottom dwellers are known to have a lot of pollution in them. I would also be concerned with where the sea vegetables grew.

I als heard Jeff Novick (I think it was) on this (in cnnection to a study on heavy metals in sea vegetables) and he reminded people that the oceans are our toxic waste dump so you are likely to ingest a large amount of heavy metals, PCB, etc.

Here is an article about plastics decomposing in the ocean:

http://www.physorg.com/news169927772.html

Anyone ever heard there is an actual island of plastic in the ocean that is about as large as some state in the US?

Anyhow I wanted to make a reply about b12. That warning on the bottle about consuming too much should not be taken for granted. I usually double up on my b12 dose anyhow since I like the taste, but I only had a little left in the bottle the other day but it turned out to be probably 5 doses. I turned really red like a sunburn and I felt like I had a slight skin burn or rash. Very uncomfortable for about 20 mins. Might be a fun prank to pull during the summer at the beach or something...

I can't stand how the evil rich just dump their waste in the ocean or land fill.People these days are saying that nuclear power is the green future even though they dump nuclear waste under the ground.Most people believe the earth is a infinite trash can and infinite resource too.Can't even eat god damn sea vegetables anymore.

It isn't just the "evil rich". There is an island the size of Texas in the Pacific ocean composed of plastic, mostly empty plastic bottles. I'm sure you will have no trouble finding someone at the same socioeconomic level of you who will not bother to give up bottled water or soft drinks after reading about that problem.

I do think the rich and powerful make decisions that contribute to pollution more, but it is EVERYONE with their habits making pollution.