Ed Bauer vs. Jimi Sitko April 2010 - I'd love to see this!

robert

I've hung out with both guys and it's really hard to say who has the upper hand. These are two of the top vegan bodybuilders as I see it and I'd love to see them go head to head in April!

I may even compete too, as well as others. Ed and I train together in Portland when I'm around and Jimi was one of the featured athletes in Vegan Brothers in Iron last year. Both are great representatives of Vegan Bodybuilding.

I hope they don't mind me acting as a show promoter of sorts and setting us this friendly battle! Both guys are super nice and will likely become good friends upon meeting this spring.

Let's bring it!

Ed Bauer:

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs276.snc1/10327_1185688922885_1248127431_30664871_5597764_n.jpg

Jimi Sitko

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs236.snc1/8324_534021899453_78201054_31418083_1955303_n.jpg

I think you could argue that both guys have some of the best abs in all of bodybuilding....and these guys are of course vegan and will make a big splash on stage next year representing the vegan lifestyle, promoting the AR movement though their athletic success!

Go get em boys!

Ed's very impressive, but any time I need to show someone pics that will make them freak over vegan bodybuilding potential, I'll show them shots of Jimi and it does the trick So, I think it goes without saying who my top pick is!

Better get yourself a Speedo and start practicing that posing routine, Joe!

Jimi,

I hope you can make it out for this! You have more than earned sponsorship to get flown out here to rock the Rose City! Ed will compete, I will likely compete, other local vegans want to compete too (a bunch of us are out here) and if you, Paige, and others join us, it will likely be the most vegans on stage at the same time at the same show ever, and become a trend that continues!

We'll keep talking about it.

Stay SWOL!!!!

RC

Sweet!

I may even encourage everyone to fill out entry forms "now" because it is a small show and twice it was canceled and last year had a pretty small turnout....but if we get entry forms in from You, Me, Ed, and a few others, we'll get the ball rolling and the organization will get excited too.

I know them and I'll send them a note confirming everything (so they don't try to cancel) and even tell them that some entry forms are on the way soon.

Cool man!

Anyone else want to battle it out on stage? Friendly battle of course!

Let's get more people in this thing and have VEGANS literally DOMINATE the stage!

Man we were nothing but SUPPORTIVE when we were in Phoenix and I really appreciate that and loved it.

My last show in Mobile, AL there were so many d!ckheads and now I know what you mean by attitudes at shows..

Ill have to register for that organization too....

I told Dani to tell Giac he needs to train for it for fun. I also reminded her that this is the same time he prepared for that same show and looked great!

Yeah, we did have a lot of support! Your family, my family, our friends like xveganjoshx who I saw this week, Ed, Dave, Calvin and all the others!

Yeah, we'll need to get everyone registered on www.naturalbodybuilding.com (be prepared for annoying music on the website)

No big hurry but in the next week or two, I'll let them know that a bunch of us plan on doing the show and that we'll send in forms soon.

I'm heading out......only slept 3 hours, just been super busy......speaking of that, I think Giacomo will be too busy to train for the show. We'll see.

Peace yo!

this would be be sweet! wish I could make it, but don't think I could afford both plane tickets and money for the comp. there is a show in Baltimore around the same time in Baltimore I was thinking of making my debut.

I hope this show happens I can't wait to see how it plays out

@jasonx- hey buddy, we all promote drug-free lifestyles!!

No offense, jimi! You're both total monsters, but I gotta go with the vegan straightedge option!

(Is this in Portland, I am thinking it would be a great excuse a field trip! At least two vegans on stage!?)

At least two vegans on stage, possibly a dozen!

If I can sell enough books (it's out pretty soon) and do some fundraising, I'd love to have Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness sponsor competitors and fly them out here.....including JoelK from Australia! I haven't even asked him, just figured if we're talking about the best vegan bodybuilders, his name needs to be mentioned!

I'd love to see a bunch of people on stage and if I can rack up the air miles and the fundraising I'd love to sponsor this....perhaps we can get other companies or individuals to help too, especially since I have a history of making myself totally broke from following some of my passions and sharing those opportunities with others....but I'm here to help and I'd love to see this get pretty big and have lots of us in the house!

Portland would be a great place to get media exposure, lots of local vegan fans, etc.

If you're seriously thinking of competing, please speak up...we'll need to know for fundraising efforts.

I don't think we can sponsor those attending (not competing) but we can offer places to stay, give tours of Portland, etc.

-Robert

@Ryan- Thats very nice of you to say! And sorry I never got back to your PM. End of last year was a rough one for me. I hope it didnt hold you back in obtaining your goals for this new year

It'll all good, Jimi! Sorry to hear it was rough for you as well - hope things are getting better in the start of 2010. Training/diet for me have slowly been working themselves out, so no worries, but I may call on you in the future

We'll have to talk soon - I'm working on VeganEssentials.com being able to sponsor some athletes in 2010, so as things get rolling, I'll be in touch

April 17th.

I forgot I didn't post the details here......I posted them in Octo's journal.

Wow! @VeganEssentials, that would be HUGE! I can help with some social media PR around Vegan Essentials too, with the focus around........support VeganEssentials with your vegan shopping, as they are sponsoring Vegan Bodybuilders to compete X date, etc.!

We can rock social media!

I'll see if VEGA can sponsor too, and maybe Sun Warrior, ProBar, and other usual suspects!

PS, I know it is expensive to attend bodybuilding shows, which I think is lamesauce, but maybe we can get a group rate or something. I'll talk to the organizers.

Here are details from www.naturalbodybuilding.com

Oregon State Natural

Bodybuilding Championships

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Clackamas High School

14486 SE 122nd Ave.

Clackamas, OR 97015

Contest Info

Special Info

Bodybuilding

Ms. Fitness

Ms Physique

Ms. Figure

Model Search

Contest includes all classes

Entry forms must be recieved two weeks prior to the competition date!

HOST HOTEL

Days Inn Portland South

9717 SE Sunnyside Rd

Clackamas, OR 97015

503-654-1699

3 Years Drug Free

Qualifer for Ms. Fitness USA

National Qualifier

Registration & Testing: Saturday Morning at 8am at

The Host Hotel

Days Inn

9717 SE Sunnyside Rd.

Clackamas, OR 97015

Prejudging and Main Show will be held at:

Clackamas High School

14486 SE 122nd Ave.

Clackamas, OR 97015

Prejudging: 1pm

Main show: 6pm

Ticket prices:

Pre judging: $15

Main show: $25, $35

Vip package: $45 (prejudging and a main show ticket first eight rows)

Cash ONLY at the Door!

For info Contact ABA/INBA Main Office (951) 734-3900

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...