BPA Levels in Canned Beans, Soups

My husband sent this to me.

Report: BPA Levels in Canned Beans, Soups Are Five Times Higher Than Previously Thought

At this point, no company wants to be caught with a BPA-filled product. The chemical, which is found in food and drink can linings, water bottles, computers, and other products containing plastic, can cause numerous health problems--it mimics estrogen, for example, and that can lead to infertility and even cancer. Now the National Workgroup for Safe Markets has come out with a report (PDF) claiming that canned foods, many of which are labeled as "healthy" or organic, contain an average of 77 parts per billion (ppb) of BPA. When the FDA last tested canned food in 1996, it found found an average of 16 ppb, or almost five times less than the average level of BPA found in the NWSM report.

Full article: http://www.fastcompany.com/1649418/report-bpa-levels-in-canned-food-are-five-times-higher-than-previously-thought

I don't use canned beans much, but I do use a lot of canned tomato products. Hmm.

I find this statement interesting:

At this point, no company wants to be caught with a BPA-filled product.

As far as I know, there's only one company that has eliminated BPA from their cans. No one else seems to care.