2 months into living vegan and still havent dropped lbs!!!=(

I don't claim to have more knowledge, I just don't take anything at face value.

What experts aren't they listening to? Would those be experts on the 10 Superfoods Cookbook ,

I got the impression from your reading posts in this thread that you claimed that a diet that worked for you is how things really work, as opposed to medical authorities who state that it is all about taking in less energy than is used.. You were claiming to have knowledge that those educated experts did not.

Now you are claiming you are not claiming to know something they do not.

Now you are also claiming that you don't take anything at face value, but that is completely what accepting popular explanations about your own anecdotal account is.

Lastly, I, as I'm sure others have, had the strong impression that you were referring to legitimate medical, scientific, health and fitness authorities as "experts" who Americans were listening to, but staying fat.

However, after people have called you on that statement with hard proof, that indeed Americans are not taking expert advice, you changed your definition of "experts" to point to quack diet book authors instead.

Your impressions are incorrect. And now you are resorting to ad hominem.

How do you define an expert? There are plenty of educated and licensed medical doctors promoting those "quack" diets.

I haven't changed my statements at all. I said an "expert" is someone indoctrinated to a particular way of thinking. That would include "quack diet book authors" from a variety of backgrounds.

Why not attempt to counter my arguments on fact rather than resorting to ad hominem? What did I say that you disagree with? I already know you disagree with the statement I made concerning calories in and calories burned. I presented evidence, and you could not come up with anything in return. Care to present evidence that all calories are the same?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your impressions are incorrect.

You should invite someone else to reread your posts in this thread and ask them their opinion about how far off my interpretations of your views are.

And now you are resorting to ad hominem.

That term means to attack the person making an argument instead of criticizing the argument. I don't believe I have written anything about you as a person. I wrote that your earlier and later points contradict each other.

Your impressions are incorrect.

You should invite someone else to reread your posts in this thread and ask them their opinion about how far off my interpretations of your views are.

And now you are resorting to ad hominem.

That term means to attack the person making an argument instead of criticizing the argument. I don't believe I have written anything about you as a person. I wrote that your earlier and later points contradict each other.

Yes, you are trying to discredit me by stating I a contradicting myself (which I am not) instead of arguing the facts. That is ad hominem. I am still waiting for you to argue the facts. Please present information to support your claim that what I stated concerning calories was incorrect.

Yes, you are trying to discredit me by stating I a contradicting myself (which I am not) instead of arguing the facts. That is ad hominem. I am still waiting for you to argue the facts. Please present information to support your claim that what I stated concerning calories was incorrect.

Criticizing an argument is considered to be "debating" and not insulting a person.

The original poster wanted help for a stalled weight loss goal. I believe that issue has been settled with her finding out that she was consuming way too many calories. What is left is a typical pattern of a thread on VBB when someone makes extreme and unsupported dietary claims, which at this point in the thread is starting to go in a circle. The original poster who asked for help is on her way and I believe I have made sufficient points for others such that they have a good perspective on what some people have offered in this thread.

Have a good night

Criticizing an argument is considered to be "debating" and not insulting a person.

The original poster wanted help for a stalled weight loss goal. I believe that issue has been settled with her finding out that she was consuming way too many calories. What is left is a typical pattern of a thread on VBB when someone makes extreme and unsupported dietary claims, which at this point in the thread is starting to go in a circle. The original poster who asked for help is on her way and I believe I have made sufficient points for others such that they have a good perspective on what some people have offered in this thread.

Have a good night

As expected. You have a good night as well.