Vitamin C and fat loss

I found something that works really well for me and for those of you trying to get cut, this might help you as well. I came across an article that said an increase in vitamin C can help with low energy during calorie restricted diets. I keep bonking after about a half hour and have to really force my way through cardio, even long slow distance cardio. On my bike the other day I couldn't even keep my heart rate above 100 BPM coming back I was so tired.

So I am taking about 1000mg of vitamin C and noticed a huge difference the last two days. No major bonk and a lot better energy.

Vitamin C is needed by your body to metabolize the fat. The RDA is adequate to maintain your weight, but might not be enough to metabolize your fat if you are really working out a lot.

Hope this is of help to some of you.

Vitamin C is found in huge amounts in so many low calorie foods like parsley, lettuce, tomatoes, berries and many fruits. Some people don't rely on these foods because they rely on a pill, thinking its gonna replace real foods. I know it's not your case Ducati, but many of unhealthy people do this.

Does vitamin tablets really work ? Can the body really use vitamin C in a pill just like vitamin C in an orange?

If we remove just one gene of a strawberry is it still a strawberry, not really, it is a transgenic one, which perhaps does not act the same in our body, and if we remove everything from strawberry and we keep only the vitamin C, or worse if we make synthetic vitamin C in a lab... It is like Trelkovsky in the movie The Tenant: "If you cut off my head, what would I say... Me and my head, or me and my body? What right has my head to call itself me?"... How all these things really work is asking metaphysical questions about the universe, why most part of it is nothingness and just a small fraction of it is life, because the conditions necessary for life are incredibly rare, so it would be quite frivolous to believe that something processed in a factory can equal the perfect miracle of nature.

• 4 weeks later...
Does vitamin tablets really work ? Can the body really use vitamin C in a pill just like vitamin C in an orange?

Obviously it can as the pill dissolves in your stomach and so it mixes up with everything else you've eaten and thus your bowels are able to use it as they are able to use the vitamin C in an orange. But orange is not just vitamin C and thus it's a better deal to eat oranges than just rely on pills for not even modern medicine knows all the things a human body needs to thrive.

I use vitamin C pills to cure early stages of bladder infections for the pills I have contain over 1600% of DV. Much easier than having the same amount of vitamin C by eating oranges.

Obviously it can as the pill dissolves in your stomach and so it mixes up with everything else you've eaten and thus your bowels are able to use it as they are able to use the vitamin C in an orange.

Would be simple if it was that simple How can the body uses vitamin C pills just like vitamin C in orange, if IT AINT EXACTLY THE SAMETHING ? Two different things, two different results, no ? Let's say two twins, one stays intact and the other we remove one gene (like we would extract Vitamin C from an orange), the intact twin might continue to fonction perfectly, while the other one is not able to walk anymore, and the isolated gene is worthless without the body it was in.

Is there studies out there that prove isolated vitamins are as efficient as vitamins still inside natural food? I've read one or two studies saying for this or that vitamin it was useless, as the body don't really recognise or metabolize it well.

How can the body uses vitamin C pills just like vitamin C in orange, if IT AINT EXACTLY THE SAMETHING ? Two different things, two different results, no ?
You appear to be arguing that vitamin C supplements are not effective and that one needs to consume vitamin C from oranges. Considering that vitamin C supplementation has been shown to cure scurvy, it's clear that the body can and does use the C supplement because IT IS EXACTLY THE SAME THING.

This doesn't mean that every isolated supplement works, I'm sure there are many synergists in whole foods that are missing from supplements which we're not aware of (for example calcium+D).

Just because there can be more complicated things at work in nature doesn't mean supplements are always ineffective.

How can the body uses vitamin C pills just like vitamin C in orange, if IT AINT EXACTLY THE SAMETHING ? Two different things, two different results, no ?
You appear to be arguing that vitamin C supplements are not effective and that one needs to consume vitamin C from oranges. Considering that vitamin C supplementation has been shown to cure scurvy, it's clear that the body can and does use the C supplement because IT IS EXACTLY THE SAME THING.

This doesn't mean that every isolated supplement works, I'm sure there are many synergists in whole foods that are missing from supplements which we're not aware of (for example calcium+D).

Just because there can be more complicated things at work in nature doesn't mean supplements are always ineffective.

I never said they don't work I said they are not the same, and one might be more effective than the other. And I don't see how it is possible that they are exactly the same thing, since they aren't. Let's say you synthetic vitamins in a lab, or even if you would extract vitamin C from an orange and then concentrate it into pills, the one in orange is still 100% pure while the other one has been exposed to oxydation, heat or who knows what else. It may work to cure scurvy but perhaps less efficient than the real thing and maybe there are side effects that we are not aware of.