Favorite pre-workout food?

I make ice cream with pea/hemp/soy protein frozen bananas and maybe strawberries or blueberries, or chocolate rice protein. I throw in some spinach and other greens along with some liquid B12. Sometimes, I throw in a few drops of vanilla.

It is also my favorite after workout food:)

I make ice cream with pea/hemp/soy protein frozen bananas and maybe strawberries or blueberries, or chocolate rice protein. I throw in some spinach and other greens along with some liquid B12. Sometimes, I throw in a few drops of vanilla.

It is also my favorite after workout food:)

Yes! YUM! Frozen banana slices in a food processor blend up into something that very closely resembles soft serve ice cream but without all the crap. I like to put in some frozen blueberries and some hemp powder.

I'm still experimenting what works best for me, I've tried banana & cup soy milk, green/fruit smoothies with hemp seed hearts; problem is mid workout I'd get very hungry and would want to rush threw my exercises. I didn't have protein powder at the time so don't know if that'll help if I mixed it in my milk/smoothies now.

Tonight gonna try pasta topped with lentils.

I usually workout in the morning (5am), so I'm usually starving. Like Ducati said, I lose my appetite during the workout, so I have something small to get in my stomach then eat afterwards. Most of the time, its a couple of dates with peanut or almond butter for my more intense workouts (running, plyo's). If its more a strength workout, I can get away with half of my protein drink before the workout and then finish it up afterwards. Its all experimenting.

• 4 weeks later...

I have an apple or pear and 15-20 oz water or green tea. My workouts are generally around 7:00 a.m., but I cannot workout without SOMETHING in my stomach. If I don't have an apple or pear, I have one slice of flaxseed bread with natural peanut butter, then have my protein shake after my workout.

any protein and carb food in small portion: lentils, bananas, homemade soymilk and fruit shake, etc. I usually eat about 2 hours before exercising because my workouts are pretty intense, so if I eat later I start "feeling" my meal just a few minutes into the workout