Girl throwing puppies in a river-ARRESTED!!!

Octopussoir

Faced with threats from 4chan, a person identifying himself as the girl's brother asked for help on the forum section of Croatian gaming site HCL.hr, arguing that these were stray puppies and that they had to do it to protect their health.

http://www.theage.com.au/technology/technology-news/after-cat-in-bin-woman-puppythrowing-girl-sparks-online-outrage-20100901-14l3g.html

Um, what about finding homes for the puppies?

Puppy pitching girl arrested in Bosnia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FYI...

Bosnian police find girl who tossed puppies into river

(AFP) ? 3 hours ago

SARAJEVO ? Bosnian police on Friday said they had tracked down a Bosnian girl who sparked worldwide outrage when she was seen on video throwing half a dozen puppies into a river.

The girl who appeared to be in her teens lives in the central town of Bugojno, police spokesman Sefir Barucija was quoted by SRNA news agency as saying, but officers did not plan to reveal her identity publicly.

Under Bosnian law a person who kills or tortures animals is punishable only with fines ranging from 15 to 5,000 euros (19 to 6,400 dollars).

If the girl was found guilty and fined it would be the first such case in Bosnia.

Local media reported that girl's grandmother had told her to throw the three-day-old puppies into the river.

The girl believed that throwing puppies into river was "the most merciful" way to get rid off them, the reports said.

The 44-second video shows a blonde girl in a red sweatshirt casually taking the squealing black-and-white puppies out of a white bucket and tossing them into the fast-moving river one by one.

The video was removed from YouTube but several Facebook pages have appeared dedicated to exposing the girl.

Link: http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hRfAkJnwC4weSj03t4cuoy0ltHvA

She looked like she was having a good time throwing those puppies in the river. It made me sick.

So sick.

I mean, the last time I saw puppies that size was when I worked at the vet clinic and we were giving them a check-up.. And as soon as someone brings in itty bitty little puppies like that, the whole place is filled with baby-talk and "Awwwws". That's what it should be like.

How anyone can kill a puppy that can't even see or move much yet is beyond me..

The thing is, most people can go either way and most people can come back or go to the other side.

It is all how people are raised and the influences they have around them.

That same girl has the potential to become a hard working humanitarian someday, and as we saw when Yugoslavia broke up, the people who were great neighbors yesterday can become bloody murderers today.

People have to make the make the decision as to what they will become and how they will attempt to influence others.

Unfortunately that's what village people here in Balkan countries very often do with puppets or kittens they don't need

It's not considered sick behavior here, it's almost a normal thing to do. I THINK IT'S TERRIBLE! And thank God they are making new laws here to punish such behavior in the future. What made me even more mad is when I found out that such things happen also in more developed and prosperous countries: this summer in Spain I found out their hunters hang their greyhounds when there is no use of them anymore!!! They hang them!!! Why do people do such thing I will never understand! It's like there is something wicked in mankind, i don't know... it's just sick!