" - but Asians don't eat that much soy"

I'm really going crazy with this soy debate! I heard that, too. And they predominantly eat fermented soy, like miso, tamari, tempeh. But is it true? Is there any real Asian on the forum to tell the truth?

In the meantime, I reduced soy to 100 g of tofu (non GMO, if one can believe the labels at all...), little tamari here and there, and very rarely miso.

IS soy good, is it not, is it good, or is it not.....?

My girlfriend is Chinese, she eats soy products daily. She rarely eat junk food or pastries. She eats some fruits daily, a lot of bagels -especially when no time to prepare food; sometimes she eats 6 bagels per day - , and a lot of vegetables - usually stews with tofu in it - rarely tamari (soy) sauce. So, about one or two servings of tofu per day, and she absolutly always want her one glass of soy milk per day. She seems in good health and looks younger than her age.

My girlfriend is Chinese, she eats soy products daily. She rarely eat junk food or pastries. She eats some fruits daily, a lot of bagels -especially when no time to prepare food; sometimes she eats 6 bagels per day - , and a lot of vegetables - usually stews with tofu in it - rarely tamari (soy) sauce. So, about one or two servings of tofu per day, and she absolutly always want her one glass of soy milk per day. She seems in good health and looks younger than her age.

am jealous of you and ur asian gf

whats a bagel?

• 2 weeks later...

am jealous of you and ur asian gf

whats a bagel?

Yes indeed Asian girls are amazing

They don't sell bagels where you live? Its popular in Montreal, but in New York too I think. Its like wheat bread but the shape of a big donut, it has 3 times more carbs than a slice of bread. There's many flavours: plain, sesame seeds, cinnamon and raisin, etc... You can put peanut butter on it, almond butter, jam, vegan cream cheese, or use it to make a sandwich...

http://www.google.ca/images?client=safari&rls=en&q=bagel&oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=fr&tab=wi&biw=1085&bih=643

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagel