Hate to ask this, but could someone explain P90X to me?

Hey folks,

I'm thinking of trying out P90X, but I don't quite understand the program yet and haven't been able to find an explanation online. I heard that it is 6 days a week, but the schedule I pieced together from looking up workout logs seems to only have 5 days a week? So far it seems to me that the plan is:

Weeks 1-3: Chest & back twice, shoulders & arms twice, legs & back once

Week 4: off?

Weeks 5-7: Legs & back once, chest, shoulders & triceps twice, back & biceps twice

Week 8: off?

Week 9: Chest & back twice, shoulders & arms twice, legs & back twice

Week 10: Legs & back once, chest, shoulders & triceps twice, back & biceps twice

Week 11: Chest & back twice, shoulders & arms twice, legs & back twice

Week 12: Legs & back once, chest, shoulders & triceps twice, back & biceps twice

Is that the actual plan? And does anyone know where I can get instructions for what those actual workouts are (not including spending a shitton of money on the tapes, because there is no way I can afford them)? Thanks! And sorry to bring up a topic that I'm sure you are all sick of by now.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey folks,

I'm thinking of trying out P90X, but I don't quite understand the program yet and haven't been able to find an explanation online. I heard that it is 6 days a week, but the schedule I pieced together from looking up workout logs seems to only have 5 days a week? So far it seems to me that the plan is:

Weeks 1-3: Chest & back twice, shoulders & arms twice, legs & back once

Week 4: off?

Weeks 5-7: Legs & back once, chest, shoulders & triceps twice, back & biceps twice

Week 8: off?

Week 9: Chest & back twice, shoulders & arms twice, legs & back twice

Week 10: Legs & back once, chest, shoulders & triceps twice, back & biceps twice

Week 11: Chest & back twice, shoulders & arms twice, legs & back twice

Week 12: Legs & back once, chest, shoulders & triceps twice, back & biceps twice

Is that the actual plan? And does anyone know where I can get instructions for what those actual workouts are (not including spending a shitton of money on the tapes, because there is no way I can afford them)? Thanks! And sorry to bring up a topic that I'm sure you are all sick of by now.

Well let's just say proxies and google are your friends, and .pdf format is a pretty cool guy, eh doesnt require additional downloads and doesnt afraid of anything.

• 2 months later...

It's a 6 day a week program where you work out a different muscle group every day. It emphasizes strength training with some yoga and cardio thrown in.

I sell the programs and have very happy Beachbody clients so please, for the love of the gods...don't pirate. Support a fellow vegan's love of fitness and helping others to get fit, and get it from me instead. If you want to save some money on it, sign up as a coach and get 25% off of it and other products.

....I sell the programs and have very happy Beachbody clients so please, for the love of the gods...don't pirate. Support a fellow vegan's love of fitness and helping others to get fit, and get it from me instead. If you want to save some money on it, sign up as a coach and get 25% off of it and other products.

While I agree with the sentiment, I feel that Beachbody is a typical 'diet and lifestyle' corporation, gouging money from people who are desperate to buy into their late-night infomercials. This is just my personal feeling though, so to each their own. If I know someone who actually wants to buy the program, I will definitely send them your way!

....I sell the programs and have very happy Beachbody clients so please, for the love of the gods...don't pirate. Support a fellow vegan's love of fitness and helping others to get fit, and get it from me instead. If you want to save some money on it, sign up as a coach and get 25% off of it and other products.

While I agree with the sentiment, I feel that Beachbody is a typical 'diet and lifestyle' corporation, gouging money from people who are desperate to buy into their late-night infomercials. This is just my personal feeling though, so to each their own. If I know someone who actually wants to buy the program, I will definitely send them your way!

I know of far, far, far too many people (self included) who have turned their entire lives around using the programs. They work. None of us are fitness models looking to "gauge" or deceive anyone.

I for one am looking forward to their vegan version of Shakeology