Can anyone help me put together a muscle building diet plan?

Hi all!

I am new to this forum and also to eating a vegan diet. I'd like to incorporate as much raw food options as possible but aiming for a vegan diet at least.

I am needing some help putting together a daily diet specific to building muscle right now. I will be competing in my first figure show in March of 2012. Up until then I would like to figure out how to eat properly to fuel my muscle gains and maintain low body fat %. Up until my show, I am hoping to educate myself enough to know how to properly enter into the cut phase, in regards to nutrition, during the last 10-12 weeks prior to my show. I have been trying to read as many posts that I can find on this site.

Can anyone tell me a formula for macros that should be ideal for my goals right now? I am 5'2, 119 lbs. , 36 years old. I have been training on your basic bodybuilding diet for the past two years. (lots of meat, and protein shakes)

I dont' want to wing it, I am hoping to find out the right formula to follow..

I'm attaching some pictures of me now. I'd like to lean out some in the belly and continue to build muscle.

Thanks in advance for any input!!!

Attachments:

1369787090_R7NF2BZ.jpg.8fd3ea88bc43db466bd571dd2d7a673a.jpg

1097836512_RHT7VM1.jpg.7547a29eb3100022e29e9e9a138e934b.jpg

726646922_R4HWSSS.jpg.e88373ca0d76a51a70d466ea1716efc6.jpg

What you have been doing as far as your macros seems to be working, so could you give us your macros on the animal based diet. Replacing the protein shakes would be the first and I would think easiest step. Please give us the facts on the shake you are using. Diet work differently for different people. Helping us to know where you success has come from as far as food would be helpful. we dont want to to have a bad ( lower the presentation of your body) experience right off the bat.

Thank you for a response!! I just started to switch my meat eating diet to a vegan diet (planning to incorporate as much raw foods as possible. The progress I've made (as seen in these pictures) is purely from a meat eating bodybuilding diet.

I would eat a a 4oz. portion of protein from chicken or fish combined with green veggies. Low sodium everything. Only did 1/2 cup of oats after my workout. I would do about 3 protein shakes per day. An isolate. I used almond butter or olive oil for my healthy fats. I always have a bloated gut it seems like. I'm certainly not fat. I workout consistently and do plenty of cardio. I have been researching how the heck to rid my bloating issues. I kind of ended up looking at a lot of raw food 'diet' suggestions. I watched Food Matters - the documentary, and well it all seems just to make sense, in so many ways. I want to compete in figure next March so I have some time to get prepared. I don't know how to put together a vegan diet for my particular size and calorie needs with the goal of building lean muscle in mind. I was hoping someone would be able to help me figure out what my macro's should be, then I can start researching which protein sources and such are best suited for muscle building and leaning out when that time comes. Are there certain foods that spike insulin levels that should be avoided..things like that. Hope all this makes sense, and I sure hope someone is able to help!

Thanks in advance, CArre.

well looks like noone is responding from the current physique athletes. Robert has a book out with plans in it. but I dont know have it so I cannot say how good it is.

I would say about 2000 calories with several moderate to intense instances of exercise a week.

20/60/20 for protein, carb, fat. But I would rather see more protein % and carb %. but you can experiment. Somttimes when people bring in more carbs with more fat , they tend to cause insulin problems. That is to say that they hamper insulins ability to open cell walls in muscle and nonfat cells and cause extra calories to be stalled. So the more carbs in a diet the more I like to see the fat % lower. I work with obese people generally and havent compete for about 20 years.

Low glycemic: Brown rice, guinoa, beans, tofu.

I dont know where your numbers are as you have not told me the protein on the driinks you are taking. Or the carbs for that matter.

If you are going raw then you should look at leanandgreens journal from two years ago, he competed raw.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=9693