Hello from Missouri USA

paulamrein

Hi,

My name is Paul Amrein and I've been a vegan for just a little over a year now and it was, at first, a fad I was trying to humor my wife. I'm 6'3" and at the time a year ago I was around 250 lbs. I am now in the 180's and love the vegan life style. Doing research online I stumbled onto this site and was actually pretty impressed at a lot of the results I'm seeing from people on here.Even when I was an Omni- I never really worked out. I honestly hardly know anything about it. But I've been inspired from the photos I've seen to do it. My personality has always been the type to research the hell out of something before I even try it. So I'm starting the research phase. In highschool I played basketball and I have some experience in performing and martial arts. Always considered myself a natural athlete but never really tapped the potential. If I'm laying it all on the table I should also tell you I'm a current smoker and chewing tobacco user. I should have some "Before" or "Day 1" pics in the future. I guess I'm really just commiting to the forum to try and get some support when I actually start the workout phase and such. If I sound either strange or uncommited it's not true, just alittle new to it all and once I set my mind to something I usually accomplish my goals. Any advice you could give would be great, whether it's a starting work out plan or a meal plan so I don't die, or even best way to quit smoking, I could use the advice.

Thanks

Paul

Welcome aboard Paul! I am in the KC area myself and ex smoker I know the struggle

What's the secret? Tried cutting back, tried replacing with chew, got addicted to that had pretty good success with cinammon sticks. Went 9 months without a smoke than one day out of the blue let my guard down and went back hard. Don't think I have to quit before I start working out but damn if it wouldn't be hard to get lasting results to continue, it's a major wall in my overall success.

Honestly the price of cigarettes alone gave me the drive to quit. It really is one of the worst things to get addicted to and break the addiction. I have had 3 relapses where I had 1 cigarette 3 times and honestly felt no desire to go back to smoking. I also used Chantix for a week and that really helped me push them away