Storylines and Jokes thread

robert

I think we need a certain section or thread for story lines. We seem to get off topic pretty easily and sometimes the nature of the title of the topic is pretty important and the info just gets lost as we are sidetracked.

It can happen very easily, but maybe we should keep some of the funny story lines here or in the General Discussion.

Quality Content should be our #1 goal, we're out to help people and animals.

Having a really fun time is our other goal, but I think it should be secondary. So let's try to make sure we help answer questions, give and receive advice, share news and pick out specific threads or categories to post the jokes in. They are fun, but just want to keep the quality of the helpful information high.

Thanks

Good idea Robert.

I see humour as a way of promoting veganism, and showing that yes, vegans too can be funny.

Vegans are often thought to be deficient in what is known as humourcolbamin, a mineral most commonly found in cows bladders, although this fact has now been disproven as it has also been found to be evident on the underside of spinach leaves. Veganism has long been believed to make people serious and tense. In extreme cases some have even got to the point that they are no longer able to laugh, or even break a smile. It is important not to let it get to this stage. Early symptoms of nobuzzyourenotfunnyarisis are;

reading funny posts online and emitting a sigh and a tut

being in a situation where other people are laughing but all you can muster is a forced smirk

not remembering the last time you laughed out loud

thinking - why am i here?

Remember, veganism is healthy but please be aware of the potential dangers. Once that laughter is gone, it is hard to get it back....

But I agree with you Rob . Forum-joking is indeed a fine art that requires skill and fingerspitzgefühl to avoid degrading the quality of the forum. Personally I allways ask myself before posting a joke : Is this funny? If so, is it funny enough to be worth risking taking this thread of topic, taken the current quality of the thread into consideration of course ? Am I sure it wont offend people? I make a quick assessment and if the answer is no to any of those questions I chuckle a bit to myself about the joke and then forget about it. Or perhaps pm it to someone if its funny enough. Also, maybe, I have a secret file on my puter where I save all the jokes that were too offensive to post, and maybe someday when Im in a particularly joky mode I will post them all at once .

Anyway, I dont mind the moderators splitting threads if they go off topic. That's a decent way of sticking with the #1 goal, without loosing #2 out of sight .

I agree with you Bronco, joking is indeed an art. There are even different styles of joking. I myself for example am practically fluent in cheesy joking. Do not worry tho, no animals were used or killed in the process, and so they are suitable for vegans, altho some jokes do get tested on my canine companions. However, seeing as they repay me with their particular style of canine joking - one that is sometimes quite hard to understand - I do not see this as abusive, one way interaction that only exists for my entertainment.

Taking this back to the original thread, while I do believe in the importance of never allowing the focus to be taken away from the original post, I am also concerned about the conditions that buzz has brought up in his eloquent reply above. Humourcolbamin deficiency indeed is a condition that should be made fun of, as this can actually relieve the condition, if not potentially halt the spread of it. I myself am not too keen on conventional medical science, so would not want to suggest any of the usual treatments. Instead I think that the 'go-with-the-flow' approach that is so prevalent in chinese medical history could be very useful indeed.

I do stand-up comedy myself, so I know all about funny, I just wanted to try to make sure certain threads keep on topic and not stray too far. I don't have time to move posts around like admins from most forums, so I just want to make sure people can find the information they are looking for based on the forum topic.

Thats all

Thanks

I'd like to sit down most of the time too. Stand-up comedy can be very tough! We perform in a comedy club, so everyone expects you to be funny, others are thinking about their own routine in their head so they aren't even listening, most of the people in the club are friends of the performers so they don't really care about some comedians they don't know, and if you start out the first 30 seconds and don't get good laughs, it can be a long night!

I've done very well at times, out-performing professional comedians, and other times, I've had one of the worst audience responses of the evening..

I actually haven't performed much lately. After a few bad performances I took a little time off to work on new material.

One of these days I'll get back up there. Comedy is great when it goes well and very lonely when it doesn't.

P.S. I DO ENJOY all the fun posts on the forum, I just wanted to make sure people who visit the forum can find the info they are looking for based on the topic of the post. As long as we don't stray too far off topic, we'll be all good.

I agree with you Bronco, joking is indeed an art. There are even different styles of joking. I myself for example am practically fluent in cheesy joking. Do not worry tho, no animals were used or killed in the process, and so they are suitable for vegans, altho some jokes do get tested on my canine companions. However, seeing as they repay me with their particular style of canine joking - one that is sometimes quite hard to understand - I do not see this as abusive, one way interaction that only exists for my entertainment.

Hmm, you say that your jokes are suitable for vegans, but that they are tested on animals. Do they laugh when you test them? If not, then it could be seen as a form of cruelty, but I realise that some people may have different views on this. When I read your post, i have to say I found it very, very amusing, but had to stifle my laughter by burying my face in a pillow, as I was not sure how ethical it would be to openly laugh at it.

Hmm, you say that your jokes are suitable for vegans, but that they are tested on animals. Do they laugh when you test them? If not, then it could be seen as a form of cruelty, but I realise that some people may have different views on this. When I read your post, i have to say I found it very, very amusing, but had to stifle my laughter by burying my face in a pillow, as I was not sure how ethical it would be to openly laugh at it.

Sometimes it does provoke a bark and/or wagging tail! Overall tho, I think our communication is defined by them repaying me with their jokes, i.e. a bad joke on my part gets repaid by a bad joke on theirs. For example a joke of mine that does not go down well might well get repaid by the "You wot? can't hear ya!" sketch, after which they walk the other way when I'm repeating myself. I do think it'd be in no way unethical to laugh openly about that, I am sure they'd well appreciate having an amused audience

Sometimes it does provoke a bark and/or wagging tail! Overall tho, I think our communication is defined by them repaying me with their jokes, i.e. a bad joke on my part gets repaid by a bad joke on theirs. For example a joke of mine that does not go down well might well get repaid by the "You wot? can't hear ya!" sketch, after which they walk the other way when I'm repeating myself. I do think it'd be in no way unethical to laugh openly about that, I am sure they'd well appreciate having an amused audience

This 'You wot? can't hear ya!' sketch sounds very amusing indeed. Maybe you could get your canine friends to sing up on the board? So what happends when they tell you a bad joke?

This 'You wot? can't hear ya!' sketch sounds very amusing indeed. Maybe you could get your canine friends to sing up on the board? So what happends when they tell you a bad joke?

I'd rather not have em sing up on the board, the screen might crack! (ssshhtt, they're not very gifted in that department!)

When they tell me a bad joke, more or less the same happens in reverse: I go "you wot?" They look at me as if I'm the one who's dim, and I end up walking away. They end up sniggering behind my back tho

I'd rather not have em sing up on the board, the screen might crack! (ssshhtt, they're not very gifted in that department!)

When they tell me a bad joke, more or less the same happens in reverse: I go "you wot?" They look at me as if I'm the one who's dim, and I end up walking away. They end up sniggering behind my back tho

Classic! I can just picture it I bet they do a high-five with their paws too!

Jonathan, not that I'm smart, but I noticed a glitch in your post, you had too may quotes in the wrong places, so I'm taking them out and it seems to work.

Message from Jonathan....

posted by MalcKiera:

sometimes it does provoke a bark and/or wagging tail!

Overall tho, I think our communication is defined by them repaying me with their jokes,

i.e. a bad joke on my part gets repaid by a bad joke on theirs. For example a joke of

mine that does not go down well might well get repaid by the "You wot? can't hear ya!"

sketch, after which they walk the other way when I'm repeating myself. I do think it'd be

in no way unethical to laugh openly about that, I am sure they'd well appreciate having

an amused audience

This 'You wot? can't hear ya!' sketch sounds very amusing indeed. Maybe you could get

your canine friends to sing up on the board? So what happends when they tell you a bad

joke?

posted by Jonathan:

I offen get the same response from Kathryn, though I think she may be offended at the

comparrison to a dog.

Sorry man, I tried to post the rest of it, the funny part, but it won't let me either. Not sure what the issue is. It doesn't seem to allow pasted material. It has to be 'freshly written' for some reason.

I freshly re-wrote it later and it wouldnt post. It isnt that there are too many quotes/codes as I PMed it to Buzz and Bronco over on veganfitness and it worked fine. The forums are the same.

I'm stumped

Jonathan

Sorry man, I tried to post the rest of it, the funny part, but it won't let me either. Not sure what the issue is. It doesn't seem to allow pasted material. It has to be 'freshly written' for some reason.

I freshly re-wrote it later and it wouldnt post. It isnt that there are too many quotes/codes as I PMed it to Buzz and Bronco over on veganfitness and it worked fine. The forums are the same.

I'm stumped

Perhaps its not exactly the same version of the forum engine ?

And sorry to hear that you're stumped, hope it passes quickly .