animal rights or animal welfare??

blazin6543

are you for animal rights or animal welfare?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

quick poll just curious

me personally im about 80% welfare 20% rights because i know people will continue to eat meat and nowhere in the near future do i see us totally banning everything related to animal use. therefore i've come to my conclusion to support improving how these animals are raised, treated and slaughtered. i do hate myself for saying i am not 100% against meat eating, animal testing, etc... but i'm also realistic and i know helping to improve these poor souls' living environment is a good step towards the positive.

I understand the distinction between the two, but the definitions of each can very so greatly between people, groups, experts, etc.

So I'm 100% for both, I guess. I'm for whatever works so that awareness is increased and animals are stop being used as commodities.

I voted that I am 100% for animal rights. I think Tom Regan says it best, empty cages, not bigger cages. I feel like the animal welfare supporters don't accept or believe that animals have fundamental rights. Like they think it is okay to eat animals, as long as they were raised and killed humanely (how do you kill someone humanely??).

However, until full animal liberation happens I support anything that will make the animal's miserable lives any more tolerable. So I guess I support animals welfare initiatives but only because it is the best that can be realisticly hoped for at this time.