finally

Hero

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gyms are expensive and in my views... kind of a waste ...... like the atmosphere kicks ass and meeting new people and having a spot pretty much every time you turn your head is awsome .... but i think investing in a killer home gym is soooo much better.... like right now i only have a barbell, dumbbells, balls (exercise balls get your mind out of the gutter) and when i think about all the cash i spent at gyms over the years, i kinda wish i saved it all up and bought some more equipment i could actually keep in my house...... but w/e works for you

gyms are expensive and in my views... kind of a waste ...... like the atmosphere kicks ass and meeting new people and having a spot pretty much every time you turn your head is awsome .... but i think investing in a killer home gym is soooo much better.... like right now i only have a barbell, dumbbells, balls (exercise balls get your mind out of the gutter) and when i think about all the cash i spent at gyms over the years, i kinda wish i saved it all up and bought some more equipment i could actually keep in my house...... but w/e works for you

i dont have a house....so no home gym...but one day in the future maybe

I really like the gym. I find it hard to finish everything I want to get done (workout wise) in my house with all of the other distractions... the dog wants something, the husband wants something, I just got a giant glob of cat fur stuck to my face... I like the time out of the house at the gym or the yoga studio... though, I wouldn't object to some hard floors IN the house to do yoga on when I can sneak it in!

Topher! That's great! Take "before" pictures!

im too embarassed to take "before pics", plus ive already gained 5 lbs since i started at the gym. but there will be a drastic difference between now and when i bulk back up.

so i will take pics once i am big again

Topher,

Best wishes on accomplishing your goals. I've never done mch in the gym but folks here and on the Vegan Fitness forum are inspiring me to give it more of a go.

I noticed that it says you are in Lake Havasu City - what brings ya there? I've spent a bit of time in that area - it has some really beautiful nature.

Have you finished with your training in NYC? And are ya still planning to move to Portland?

Topher,

Best wishes on accomplishing your goals. I've never done mch in the gym but folks here and on the Vegan Fitness forum are inspiring me to give it more of a go.

I noticed that it says you are in Lake Havasu City - what brings ya there? I've spent a bit of time in that area - it has some really beautiful nature.

Have you finished with your training in NYC? And are ya still planning to move to Portland?

thanks.

my gf's parents live here. my gf and i are temporarily staying with them this summer til our lease starts back up in july in flagstaff, az.

its sooo freaking hot here in LHC. its so drastically different then what im used to seeing. my gf grew up here.

i never did my training in NYC. decided to go across the country instead. i moved to corvallis, OR. and spent some time in portland and mt hood. i love it in portland. but im not gonna be moving there. after flagstaff, az my gf and i are moving to boulder colorado....and plan to stay there.

Hey Toph,

You and me both (are goin back to the gym after a long hiatus!).]

Cheers to that.

Thriced.

I've been f*~#d ever since I've got back from India. I came back in good shape and my running was going really well before I went. I've run only 2/3 times in the four and a half weeks I've been back, and taking it very easy at the gym. So I've lost a lot too. Are you reading offence74 - think twice before going to India.....

At the moment I'm a shadow of my usual self......

Are you reading offence74 - think twice before going to India.....

You're scaring me dude

I've heard stories about India. A friend of mine told me that he had to hold on to something when going on the toilet. Otherwise he suspected he'd faint . Another friend was in remote Nepal with his wife and they thought they'd die from the stomach problems.

I'm going to the USA where everything is clean. If it isn't someone will sue them for a gazillion doleros. It keeps the vendors scared. A scared vendor is a clean vendor. I like that.

You're scaring me dude

I've heard stories about India. A friend of mine told me that he had to hold on to something when going on the toilet. Otherwise he suspected he'd faint . Another friend was in remote Nepal with his wife and they thought they'd die from the stomach problems.

Don't mean to scare you or anyone offense - India's a great country, it's just one of those places that you'll probably fall ill.

I took a gamble and am paying the price. My stomach has been fine for weeks, it's the fact that I'm weak, have no energy etc etc that is annoying me. I had food poisoning - the most common kind, campylobacter - and not something more serious what the doctors first suspected. I think I've still got something lurking in my system that I've got to clear up once and for all. I've given it 3-4 weeks to clear up naturally - that hasn't worked so going back to the docs tonight or tomorrow to finally sort it out.

I expected to have an upset stomach for a few days, not to feel like I have for the last five weeks though..........

I lost my two front teeth thanks to some dysentery thing I got in Kazakhstan. I passed out on the way to the bathroom. Finally got rid of it (after a month) with antibiotics.

I'm going to the USA where everything is clean.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Sorry. Sanitation in food may be good here (I've never been outside of the States), but that just made me laugh (and cry a bit), because I see litter all over the place.

I'm going to the USA where everything is clean.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Sorry. Sanitation in food may be good here (I've never been outside of the States), but that just made me laugh (and cry a bit), because I see litter all over the place.

Yeah, they put stuff in the food that not only kills the bacteria but will also kill me in 30 years or so. But at least for the moment I'm safe from Indian-like puke and poop fests.

thanks.

my gf's parents live here. my gf and i are temporarily staying with them this summer til our lease starts back up in july in flagstaff, az.

its sooo freaking hot here in LHC. its so drastically different then what im used to seeing. my gf grew up here.

i never did my training in NYC. decided to go across the country instead. i moved to corvallis, OR. and spent some time in portland and mt hood. i love it in portland. but im not gonna be moving there. after flagstaff, az my gf and i are moving to boulder colorado....and plan to stay there.

Yeah, the land of "the" London bridge can definitely get toasty... Flagstaff is really nice - maybe my top pick of a place to live in AZ... I wish I'd known that you were out here - it would have been nice to meet ya.

It's Portland's loss not to have ya, I'm sure. Boulder's a nice place - what made ya'll choose there and/or not here? Also, what happened with going to school? I'm not intending to be nosey by the way, just curious about why folks like/pick the places that they do.

I'm going to the USA where everything is clean. If it isn't someone will sue them for a gazillion doleros. It keeps the vendors scared. A scared vendor is a clean vendor. I like that.

That's the American way. Call 1-800-4LAWYER

Hey Toph,

You and me both (are goin back to the gym after a long hiatus!).]

Cheers to that.

Thriced.

I've been f*~#d ever since I've got back from India. I came back in good shape and my running was going really well before I went. I've run only 2/3 times in the four and a half weeks I've been back, and taking it very easy at the gym. So I've lost a lot too. Are you reading offence74 - think twice before going to India.....

At the moment I'm a shadow of my usual self......

Hey hey.. why what went wrong? I know tons of people whove had a great experience there.

You're scaring me dude

Don't mean to scare you or anyone offense - India's a great country, it's just one of those places that you'll probably fall ill.

I took a gamble and am paying the price. My stomach has been fine for weeks, it's the fact that I'm weak, have no energy etc etc that is annoying me. I had food poisoning - the most common kind, campylobacter - and not something more serious what the doctors first suspected. I think I've still got something lurking in my system that I've got to clear up once and for all. I've given it 3-4 weeks to clear up naturally - that hasn't worked so going back to the docs tonight or tomorrow to finally sort it out.

I expected to have an upset stomach for a few days, not to feel like I have for the last five weeks though..........

I can understand the 'water' change factor that happens. Even when I go back I acclamatize myself to the water / food over the first few days.

The thing is in the lack of 'mild pathogens' / bacteria in a LAB like environment our bodies do not build any IMMUNITY. Also the mineral salts present in the water are different so that causes a major change.

That is something the body adapts to while living there .. while in the place like the US.. since every NATURALLY occuring small thing is SUPER PROCESSED and CHEMICALLY CLEANSED.. the body does not get to build that immunity nor does it learn how to digest some of those things.

Ofcourse, FP is way bad.. so u have to watch what you eat out there.. due to a not so strong & trained IMMUNE system.

What parts did u go to and how long were u there?

PS: In fact some people over there probably practice better hygiene. People wash their hands before and after meals or restroom visits... properly with soap.

It astonishes me to see restaurant restrooms direct employees to wash hands. UGH!. It shocked me to see so many CORPORATE WHITE COLLAR people walk out of restrooms without washing their hands after having touched their PEE PEEs and head on the next meeting to shake hands.

It astonishes me to see restaurant restrooms direct employees to wash hands. UGH!. It shocked me to see so many CORPORATE WHITE COLLAR people walk out of restrooms without washing their hands after having touched their PEE PEEs and head on the next meeting to shake hands.

Same here . It is DISGUSTING. People should wash their freakin hands with soap after they do their washroom business, whether at home or in public restrooms.

This is a huge pet peeve of mine and something I just cant compromise on in a future boyfriend or husband.

Wash your freakin hands people!

Tarz went to the island of Goa.