exercises to do alone, without a gym/without any gadgets

hi,

it's summer holiday for me, yey, and i've been thinking on really getting myself in shape during the time. the point is that the place i'm probably going wont have any gyms, and i'd have to rely on regular exercises like pushups or stuff like that...

so if anyone knows the best exercises to build (all of the body's) muscles without any gadgets, i'd really be grateful.

Back will be hard, unless you have a pull-up bar, or even a tree branch or bar from a swingset that you can use, because chin-ups and pull-ups are great back and bicep exercises.

For other body parts, some effective body weight exercises are:

Legs: To get enough resistance, it's good to do 1-legged work: 1-legged squats. 1-legged deadlifts. You could also do squats or lunges holding a bag of bird seed or cement. Plyo squats (get into bottom of squat position, then power up into a jump. Land softly back into bottom of squat, then repeat). Step-ups onto a bench (like a park bench).

Chest: push-ups of all different variations, including declines (with feet on a chair).

Triceps: Tricep dips from a chair with progressions (start with feet on another chair, then go to one foot lifted, then add weights to your lap). Also tricep push-ups (with elbows along side of body) or side-lying tricep push-ups (put hand of upper arm on floor near chest, other hand is on upper shoulder, then push up from hips with one arm).

Biceps: chin-ups work biceps as well as back (you really do need a pull-up bar!)

Shoulders: shoulder presses--get in push-up position with a 'pike" or 'downward dog' yoga position, with feet on chair. Or if you're stronger, do a handstand push-up.

Back: again, I can't think of any effective non-equipment exercise. Get a pull-up bar!

I have been looking around for places to do pullups whenever I leave the house

Does anyone have reviews of either the "Everlast Multi Function Chinning Bar" or the "Door Gym" by creative fitness? Mixed reviews on amazon, either 4-5 stars or they claim it broke-

JB

I own a "door gym" pull up bar. I am in love with it! some nights I even take it to bed and cuddle with it all night.....

But seriously now, if you're going to be doing your fitness from home, you MUST invest in a chinning bar.

I've had mine for a couple of years now, and it hasn't bent or broke yet, but at a resonable cost of $35 CAN even if it were to break after 6 months, it's still a good investment. I don't know how much some of the other people on here weight, but it has had no trouble bearing my monstrous 185 Lb. frame.

Mind you, I haven't strapped any plates to my waist for added resistance, so I don't know how strong the door gym is. You could always do 1 armed pullups (like that freak of nature in that video posted here somewhere) to up the intensity.

kuramus...here's my bodywieght routine...it's pretty much full body as you can get.

Push ups, 3 sets, max reps

Chin-ups, 3 sets, max reps

Bench Dips, 3 sets, max reps

Upside-down Shoulder Press, 3 sets, max reps

crunches, 70-31-33 reps

Squats, 3 sets, max reps

Calf Raises 3 sets, max reps

Neck curls, 3 sets, max reps

i have been looking for a good chin up bar lately. because of the way my room is set up, i have a weird problem. i need a pull up bar that goes around the door and not under or in the door. or maybe a wall mounted bar. anyone know where i could find something like that? or any other good bars to order online?

i have been looking for a good chin up bar lately. because of the way my room is set up, i have a weird problem. i need a pull up bar that goes around the door and not under or in the door. or maybe a wall mounted bar. anyone know where i could find something like that? or any other good bars to order online?

Would a garment pole with brackets (mounted into the studs) work for that?

Thanks everybody!

And i had some questions which i wasn't able to answer by googling concerning specific sports terms like...

Upside-down Shoulder Press

Calf Raises

and Neck curls

i mean, what are they?

i know that shoulder presses can be done in a gym, neck curls need some weight things but how can i do them without a gym?

Try the DOOR GYM.

Can be installed and removed in 2 seconds. No permanent fixtures.