The unexplained, ghosts, omens, visions, night terrors, etc.

_raVen_

Anyone have any interesting tidbits?

I know some people fervently believe in "things" and others absolutely do not. What do you believe or not?

The afterlife? Feeling a "presence," whether good or bad; hauntings; omens; dreams coming true; E.S.P.; communications with plant life?

Anyone have anything within this realm, interesting or unexplained to share?

That weird bodyclock thing, where you know you have to wake up at 8:45, so you set your alarm, then you wake up at 8:44 just in time to hear your alarm go off. I don't understand that, and it freaks me out that my body seems to know what time it is even when it's asleep, weird.

I have a weird one about time...Now this is true, Y'all: Since the 9-11 attacks in NY, if I look at the clock to check the time within the 9:00 hour, it is always 9:11 It happens wherever I am, if it's within that hour, night or day.

I have no idea what it means, if anything!

Once in the middle of the night, i was wakened by our cat jumping on my bed, onto the blanket. She often did this. But that night, when i bent over to stroke her, she wasn't there I got up and turned the light on: she was nowhere in the room... the window and door were closed...

Another night i was wakened from a horrible nightmare by someone whistling directly into my ear. I did not only hear the sound but also felt the airflow. I suspected my brother to pull a joke on me, but, you guess it already, there was nobody in the room

I'm just glad that it's both over ten years ago and since moving out i've never had this kind of experience again...

• 1 month later...

The day before 9/11 I had this dream where some plane had hit a building. I didnt really get any details I just assumed it was a small single engine plane and some moron. Then I was at school and about 10 a.m. I hear that some plane hit a building. I actually thought it was very funny I had just had a dream about it literally hours ago, but anyhow my assumption turned out to be very wrong. You should check out coast to coast am (http://www.coasttocoastam.com/) they talk about a lot of things you might be interested in.

I had a high school english teacher who always said: "Before you go to bed, write the time you want to get up on your forehead with your finger, and you will wake up at that time." It always seemed to work. It might have something to do with putting it into your subconscious mind.

My organic chemistry professor in college explained ESP in simple terms. He said that when you go to either ends of the spectrum (as in light waves and sound) its possible for ESP to exist. You just need to send and receive on the same frequency, as ESP is just a transmittance of waves.

I had one experience with a "ghost". I was working in a restaurant one Sunday afternoon during Sunday Brunch. The restaurant used the banquet hall to hold the brunch because it could hold more people than the regular dining room. Anyway, I was carrying a full bus tub of dirty dishes across the dance floor (there were no tables or people within 10 feet in any direction). I could feel two hands on my back give me a huge shove. Luckily, I didn't fall over, but I quickly spun around and could see no one even close to me or walking/running away. I think it might have been a ghost.

Here's another interesting story that came out of the UK a few years ago. I believe it.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe/12/19/hampton.ghost.ap/

• 2 weeks later...
I have a weird one about time...Now this is true, Y'all: Since the 9-11 attacks in NY, if I look at the clock to check the time within the 9:00 hour, it is always 9:11 It happens wherever I am, if it's within that hour, night or day.

I have no idea what it means, if anything!

Wow that happens to me too, seems like at least once a day.

I believe in ghosts and reincarnation.

Do tell, Crash I'm interested in your beliefs on this, especially, since you are Christian. I'm wondering how this fits in. Plus, I'd like to read any experiences you've had, personally, that would lend credence to this belief -- if you've had any -- as well as any other things you'd like to add on this topic .

Also, Hero, SeaSiren can you expound, please?

Odidnetne, how was that ESP?

Zack What do you make of that? It's weird, isn't it

tofuPUNK, that push may have just been stress I worked in restaurants all through school, and I always felt pushed I swear, that is the most stressful job I've ever had! (waiting tables/cocktails) People don't believe me when I say that, but it really is. I saw it listed as number 1 on a list in -- I think it was "Time" magazine or some such mag.

There's a job, funded by the government, (us, in other words) where people are actually trained for ESP-type stuff for catching criminals..sort of like profiling, but more intense. I can't recall the name of it...

I'll have to look it up. There's a movie about it...I'll post when I find it.

Any other experiences out there?

I know a woman who believes she communicates with trees. I never tell people "that's not true" or other insulting things. Who knows? As you gain wisdom through the years, you realize just how little you have . It's only when naive and, usually young, that one believes in black and white. There are shades of grey -- and many hues of grey, at that.

I believe in ghosts and reincarnation.

Do tell, Crash I'm interested in your beliefs on this, especially, since you are Christian. I'm wondering how this fits in. Plus, I'd like to read any experiences you've had, personally, that would lend credence to this belief -- if you've had any -- as well as any other things you'd like to add on this topic .

Believe me, I've gotten alot of guff from my parents for my beliefs. But if you believe in an afterlife, why can't there be ghosts ? As for reincarnation, certain sects used to believe in reincarnation, but the church wanted to control peoples' current actions and people kept saying I'll be good in my next lifetime - so they decided to ban it at an ecumenical council around 400 BC for control.

As for experiences, I've seen a cat ghost. I was half asleep at the time and saw a cat - it was a really peaceful feeling. Then I realized there wasn't supposed to be a cat in the room I was in. I was startled and reached for the light. As I did this, the cat stood up in alarm and when I turned on the light, nothing was there. I remember it looked like it was dark gray with stripes and was almost solid. I talked to the owner of the house I was in a few months later and was told that a cat with stripes had lived there ...... over 50 years ago.

Reincarnation -- I've regressed to a couple lifetimes, but the one that I can say got me comfortable with the belief is I was in my early 20s when I regressed to being a french soldier (I know, I know) in the US. I thought it was alot of hooey because why would a french soldier be in the 17th/ 18th century US ? To my knowledge the US didn't fight any wars with France. Then I read about the French/Indian wars........

Have you had any experiences _raVen_ ?

Anyone have any interesting tidbits?

I know some people fervently believe in "things" and others absolutely do not. What do you believe or not?

The afterlife? Feeling a "presence," whether good or bad; hauntings; omens; dreams coming true; E.S.P.; communications with plant life?

Anyone have anything within this realm, interesting or unexplained to share?

I've a few things when I was young. Like I was hallicinating or something. Laying in bed seeing stuff on the wall. I finally get up and turn the lights on and nothing's there.

Had my hearing go very funny too, where suddenly I could hear stuff that was too far away for me to be hearing.....

Also had sleep paralysis which is fun.

I don't think anything of it. It's all easily enough explained.... unless someone really wants it to mean something more....

• 4 weeks later...

Yes a few. I'll come back and relay them later .

Have you any opinion on THIS, Crash? (It's five pages, but good reading) I'm fascinated, I was reared in religion, but never heard anything to this effect. If/when you get a chance, I'd like your take on it; or, if you have heard of this before.

...Had my hearing go very funny too, where suddenly I could hear stuff that was too far away for me to be hearing.....

How do you easily explain that?

...Also had sleep paralysis which is fun.

Those, for me, are terrifying. I know it manifests differently for people, but mine have always been very scary. Don't have them often, but had one a few weeks ago

I don't think anything of it. It's all easily enough explained.... unless someone really wants it to mean something more....

I think that's true in some cases.

Yes a few. I'll come back and relay them later .

Have you any opinion on THIS, Crash? (It's five pages, but good reading) I'm fascinated, I was reared in religion, but never heard anything to this effect. If/when you get a chance, I'd like your take on it; or, if you have heard of this before.

The first thing I thought when I saw the title was (you sure can find them _raven_ ) But I can understand why some religions and religious people, if they believe in aliens and UFO's, would buy into this and denounce them after reading the article (yes all 5 pages ).

There are many implications that would trouble someone who blindly believes humans are the pinnacle of creation – mainly how can aliens be more advanced than humans, how can they control humans and do things to them against their will if man is the most superior species ? There will always be a need to reconcile your beliefs and while some may see the correlation, others will chose to categorize aliens as a threat to humanity and thus evil. (BTW, my opinion of humans being the pinnacle of creation = Man's arrogance or a desperate need for confidence to survive in a harsh world.)

This article also brought to mind, "We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form." - William Ralph Inge. In other words, these experiments carried out by aliens on humans are the same as the experiments humans carry out on animals - and seemingly with equal scientific detachment and disregard. Unfortunately these idiots do not take the idea a step further and see the correlations and empathize with other species, because they are stuck in the mindset that humans are the ultimate in creation and were given dominion over the animals (can I state that I am also really starting to really dislike that phrase).

Again, if the human species is the pinnacle of creation and God's special creations, and aliens treat humans the same assinine way humankind treats animals (ie., experiments, food, entertainment), aliens must be evil. While I can understand the reasoning, I feel disbelief and bewilderment because of some people's close mindedness to the facts and the truth. Sometimes I just want to shake them and tell them to wake up and stop ignoring the facts ! But since I'm not into abuse of any species ...... end rant

I am not certain if I believe in aliens and UFO’s, but I do not disbelieve in them either (if that makes sense). IMO if there are aliens, they are physical beings -- not angels or demons, but another species that has both good and bad members in it like all other species. I stumbled across this article and am interested to know what you think about it _raven_ ?

Crash wrote:

Reincarnation -- I've regressed to a couple lifetimes, but the one that I can say got me comfortable with the belief is I was in my early 20s when I regressed to being a french soldier (I know, I know) in the US. I thought it was alot of hooey because why would a french soldier be in the 17th/ 18th century US ? To my knowledge the US didn't fight any wars with France. Then I read about the French/Indian wars........

When ever I watch the movie "Full Metal Jacket", I get a strange Deja Vu feeling during the Vietnamese Town/City scenes. I was born in 1971 so I am wondering if I was once a soldier that died during the Vietnam War. It would be cool if I could get a name some how.

... I stumbled across this article and am interested to know what you think about it _raven_ ?

I'll be back after I read what you posted and comment further, but, just reading the first couple paragraphs of the link page you posted, brought to mind the "myths" of hobbits and "leprechans" which in 2004 were proved to have a factual existence -- do you recall that? It was in 2004.

This further cemented my own beliefs that "science" itself is a belief system which changes continously and is by no means perfect or even factual. That is not to say I don't rely heavily on science; I just find that it is incomplete and oftentimes, as we know, it is wrong. It evolves and at any time can become something completely different from what we know to be true at any given time. I question science as much as I do religions . Thanks for your comments, I'll get back to this soon!