Sun Chips

wanna_be_vegan

I wonder is sun chips vegan or not. Because I read on the back of the label and it said that they use buttermilk, nonfat milk, so is these are animal milk, or vegan milk. I wonder too about granola bars. What granola bars are vegan.

It's animal milk. If it were some form of vegan milk, it would be specified, like soymilk or ricemilk. If an ingredient list just says "milk" it'll be animal milk.

Milk ingredients are in a lot of places. Most flavored potato chips have some, even if the flavor is not dairy-related.

Check out Accidentally Vegan to see if there are any mainstream granola bars in there.

Interesting note on Lays potato chips:

BBQ Lays are vegan

BAKED BBQ Lays contain milk

Please tell me WHY???

I can only guess: as a flavoring?

To make the barbecue flavoring 'stick' to the chips (which it does more easily on the oily chips).

I may be misremembering, but I THOUGHT Bakes BBQ lays didn't used to have milk products in? Maybe that was some other brand.

(Damn...why did I have to read this thread: it's 4:00, and now barbecued potato chips are sounding pretty good! )

BAKED BBQ Lays contain milk

I was in the grocery store yesterday, looking for some vegan barbecue chips. I checked ou the Baked Lays K.C. Masterpiece Barbecue chips, and get this, not only do they have milk products in, they have CHICKEN FAT in! Gak!