Jeremy's Blog

Guest veganpotter

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

out of curiousity, what gear ratio are you running on the track bike?

I'm riding a 52/16 but I think I'll get a 54 for the next time I go for a good time in the pursuits. Now I just have my 16t cog and 53 and 52t chainrings.

As for you Lotus I can't wait to hang out either...we may show up to your graduation also

I took the bike out for a nice and hard but short ride today. Some very intense but short intervals mixed in with some lazy slowpoke riding...hopefully this will help me a bit for my races.

I had a lot of fun today...lots of vegans on the track. I met Jerome and saw him race after me and I was quite impressed...same goes for Molly(who did really well despite this being her only day on the track this year).

As for my races I finished around the middle of the pack in my first race(a points race) which I was happy with considering it was my first day in this category. The next race was a point a lap race. I don't think I scored any points until the last lap. I wound up winning the last lap at the end of the race which probably placed me anywhere from 3-5th but I'm not so sure. I was quite pleased with how I did. The last race was crap though. After the second lap my quads just blew out on me. They had nothing in them. It kinda stinks because I wasn't even remotely fatigued. My heart rate probably didn't even get to 120 but my legs refused to go...I'm thinking this has something to do with not riding last week. Now I've gotta decide what to do tomorrow. I can either give up a day of training for a race thats gonna take less then 1 minute and 20 seconds or just train. Its an important race and I really want a time but I may just do it another time since I don't really want to do that for one race. If I got maybe 3-4 shots at it I may consider doing it but one race that short doesn't make a lot of sense. However I really think I could do well.

Not a bad ride today...it was a bit cool for what I was wearing but I did get some thumbs up for my Go Vegan tattoo so it was well worth the slight chill. As for the ride it was fun. I just tried to find hills and get kinda lost. I didn't really care how far I rode I just know it was around 2 hours and 45 minutes and I really gave it to my legs. Today it was nice because I'd hit a hill then do a turnaround only to be hit in the face with wind on the down hill so I never really got a break. Hopefully I'll get a good workout in tomorrow as well. Maybe at the weight room if I can make it.

Who knows where we will be...I'd love to be here in a year with all of you.

***Today Darthvegan and I will be headed out to do a mystery ride here in Portland for the Pedal Palooza...who knows where we may go.

Last night was lots of fun...we cruised parts of the city as a smaller group(not the mess that was going to the zoo).

Today we're going to the hot springs

Today was a lot of fun. We got up early and headed to some hot springs. My muscles probably really needed it. I was thinking about running but I think I'll save my legs for tomorrow.

Had a good day today. Darthvegan and I went to the gym to do some cardio and I did a bit of lifting with my upper body. Then I went to the track to have a session in my aero bars. It was nice to get down in them again, and I'm hoping I get more power after getting more accustomed to being in this position.

I had a killer ride today. I rode up the longest steep hill I've ever attempted. It was hell. It was toward the Portland Zoo and Washington Park. Washington Park was my goal destination but I passed it a little to see if I could get to the apex of the hill but I gave up soon when a saw more turns realizing Washington Park also had hills and I still had about 20+miles to tack onto the rest of my ride. Next time I'll go the the apex...we'll see where it goes. I've never been forced under 10mph for so long on my bike without any wind in the way.

I had a great ride today. I rode out with DV and her husband just for a few miles and we had a little picknick with food DV picked up at the Farmer's Market here in Portland. It was nice to take it easy. I normally don't take things as easy as I should the day before a race.

We had a great time! Of course Potter probably had second thoughts when he got a load of our biking capabilities. It was somewhat like an adult leading around two toddlers on tricycles.........

DV! Sorry we missed you after the cycling! We really didn't mean to, some things just came up. Thanks for lunch, I really wasn't expecting that. Come by and pick up some Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Clothing anytime!!!

Potter........great to see you last night! That was such a great party for Liz. She was all smiles all day and then totally passed out on the couch after video games and only woke up when I tucked her in.

Come by anytime for some video games, Duck Hunt or for a ride. We have 2 bikes here that don't get nearly enough action!

Great...I'll take up a ride with any forum members anytime. Sometimes its nice to just hang out and I don't get to do that much when on my bike.

Lookin forward to racing today. I'm a little more rested than last week and I had some good rides earlier in the week so hopefully things go well today.

I had a lot of fun racing today. It was a long 35 or 40lap points race with points to the top 4 finishers after each of the sprints at the end of 5 lap segments. I stayed near the front for the first points lap but didn't score...I was saving a bit. The next go around I went for it and was in the lead but two people passed me so I scored a few points. I should have stayed back because I really suffered for doing that and didn't get much in exchange. Anyhow I fell way to the back...second to last. Then I was working my way back to the pack for nearly 15 laps without a draft...bad idea. Anyway for the second to last points lap I was back with the pack but didn't really want the points...I wanted the doubled points later. I wound up in the top 3 with 3 laps left...then I rolled past everyone with 1.5 laps left with ease which was a terrible idea but I had the legs left. I was expecting to get crushed by the people drafting behind me but I just kept making a larger and larger gap. I wound up with winning the last lap by at least 20ft which was very unexpected. In the end I got 10 points for my last lap and maybe 3 for the other lap I scored points on. This placed me at 4th. If I didn't waste myself early I really think I could have won this race...either way it was fun and a nice hard but short workout. I was dying that last lap and I really didn't expect to make it to the finish line without blowing up my muscles but I guess I had more than I thought.

Early in the day Darthvegan and I went to the gym. We both did some cardio and abs...then I tried doing some leg press. I wound up doing 5 reps with 630. Not too bad I guess but I think I can get that up much higher while cycling. Anyway hopefully I can still handle riding in the morning at the track. I may go out tonight to give my legs less of a chance to get sore but maybe not.

Maybe...actually if you are still here on Wednesday we can do an intro to track cycling course. Robert did well last year despite not riding a bike at all for years.

Had a decent day at the track today. Spent some time down in my aero bars for nearly 2 hours. I felt kinda good this morning and I felt OK at the track(not in too much pain from lifting) but once I left and got out to help set up for the yard sale fund raising I could barely walk. Hopefully tomorrow will be a different story.

Ohh, seems lik eI woke up kinda late, and then we went for breakfast.. We haven't been climbing yet, and Robert will be back by 4 and then we leave at 5... What a shame! I guess you'll have to kick my arse cycling when I return, and same goes for the gym training. I leave tomorrow.. For now at least, but Is hould be back early/mid July.

But I could totally go for pizza tonite...hah!

We'll see...I've gotta watch what I'm eating though because I've got an important race Saturday...so make sure I control myself tonight...I'm blaming everything on you if I eat too much.