Jeremy's Blog

Guest veganpotter

No these were weirdos at an organics festival and I was working with an animal group so no spitting. If I were representing myself I would have been happy to share bit of myself with another person.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had an incredible day at the track today. My goal was to ride a 5:30 pursuit but I figured if I rode a 5:35 I would be happy and I thought a 5:32 would be really plausible but I turned in a 5:27. I also think I had quite a bit lift since my average speed was around 27.65mph for the first 10 laps, then the second to last lap I was around 29.2mph and for my final lap I was over 31mph. My last too laps were way too fast. I didn't have anything left in the tank at the end but if I strung my effort out better I think I could have dropped under 5:25 or better. I'm quite pleased. Much of this came from being on a faster track and borrowing an aero front wheel but that time still beats the people that beat me at the state championships and they have even more aero equipment than I had today. I'm really looking forward to seeing what I can do next year. I really think I'm gonna be under 5:10 and maybe even down to 5:05 if I'm lucky. I figure if I had the equipment the winner used I would have dropped 5 seconds or more from my time today which is great. Now I just need about $4000 and I'm set.

I had an incredible day at the track today. My goal was to ride a 5:30 pursuit but I figured if I rode a 5:35 I would be happy and I thought a 5:32 would be really plausible but I turned in a 5:27. I also think I had quite a bit lift since my average speed was around 27.65mph for the first 10 laps, then the second to last lap I was around 29.2mph and for my final lap I was over 31mph. My last too laps were way too fast. I didn't have anything left in the tank at the end but if I strung my effort out better I think I could have dropped under 5:25 or better. I'm quite pleased. Much of this came from being on a faster track and borrowing an aero front wheel but that time still beats the people that beat me at the state championships and they have even more aero equipment than I had today. I'm really looking forward to seeing what I can do next year. I really think I'm gonna be under 5:10 and maybe even down to 5:05 if I'm lucky. I figure if I had the equipment the winner used I would have dropped 5 seconds or more from my time today which is great. Now I just need about $4000 and I'm set.

That's fantastic !!! Way to go.

It must of been from eating hemp butter and bread at the festival lol

why do you need $4000?

I'd like $4000 to get a bike just for time trials on the track. Track Time Trial bikes have a much smaller head tube so you can have lower bars(mine are as low as they will go), they have a cut out for the rear wheel(some even have one for the front now), aero dynamic tubing, and even aero dynamic seat posts. They also have aero dynamic wheels. I figure I can get a good one done up for $4000 and a pretty good one done up for $2000-2500 if I can snag some good used stuff but that takes luck for track bikes. I figure I'd drop maybe 3-5 seconds from having an aero bike without aero wheels. If I had the whole package I'd drop 10 seconds or maybe a bit more right now without getting anymore fit.

I had a great ride today. Surely the longest climbing I've ever done in my life. We climbed over 2500ft today which is puny compared to what climbers climb but thats a ton for me. Anyway it was a blast...especially coming back down. It it weren't for the traffic I would have been over 40mph the whole way back down and I'd probably hit 55-60 if I could hammer and take up the road without worrying about cars. Anyway I think thats a good prep ride for Thursdays races. An easy ride tomorrow should put me right back were I need to be after 3 days of racing but no real training.

Yeah I think it was the Sydney Ride...not sure though. I just know it was very much up hill and it was fun and hot out.

I wished I went, but still shakey riding with traffic. Did you see a big white dome at the top?

Are you back home now?

Also thanks for you note on yerba mate

No I didn't see a big white dome, so maybe that wasn't the place but it was still fun. As for the traffic it was a bit iffy on the fast roll down but one the way up it wasn't an issue at all. As for being home yes I sadly am home away from you two in Victoria but it is nice to be back with Jamie.

I just succeeded taking my first ever solo true recovery ride. I didn't ride too hard like I normally do(although I also never thought that was too hard) and I never pushed it even a tiny bit. I doubt I went over 15mph on the flats which is what I should always do the day before a race. Anyway in about an hour I went about 14 miles...the slowest ride I've done since I was maybe 8 yrs old. Anyway we'll see if it pays off tomorrow.

I just succeeded taking my first ever solo true recovery ride. I didn't ride too hard like I normally do(although I also never thought that was too hard) and I never pushed it even a tiny bit. I doubt I went over 15mph on the flats which is what I should always do the day before a race. Anyway in about an hour I went about 14 miles...the slowest ride I've done since I was maybe 8 yrs old. Anyway we'll see if it pays off tomorrow.

Is that what Dave told you? He's good isn't he ?

Great work on the Presuit in Victoria. I heard it was the fastest yet on the track

Yup...Dave kept me in check which is probably the only reason why I rode so well. I wish he was around for all my training. Thanks for the kudos...hopefully Dave will beat my time is 6 weeks or sooner though.

I just had another lousy day at the track. I really need to do more speed work and cut down on my hard long rides. I should probably keep the rides the same amount of time but do more intervals. Surely its a bit late in the season to do this but better now than never. Although a lot of this has to do with 4 days of racing over 8 days.

I've just been watching clips online. Lots of interesting things going on. I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens in the mountains.

I just went out for a little run and did some light lunges. I wasn't feeling too good and couldn't handle all that much. I'm thinking I'm in need of a nice long easy spin.

Took the day off today to let my legs rest a bit. Tomorrow I'm gonna do a nice long ride with some intervals to get some bugs out but work on my cadence a bit too. Hopefully I'll feel good for a track workout on Monday too.

Had a terrible day today. I went to the bank and left...not passing a speed limit sign then I saw a 40mph sign but realized I passed a police officer on a motorcycle. Anyway I didn't think anything of it and he pulled me over in about half a mile. I was doing 53 in what I thought was a 40mph zone. Little did I know he got me before the sign and it was actually 30mph where he clocked me. I figured I would get a warning for being 13 over but I wasn't 13 over, I was 23 over. So the ticket I got was for $243. I can't believe it. Hopefully on the 10th I can get the fine dropped for my once perfect record. Then after that I made my way to the track(I was only 2 miles away) rode for maybe 10 laps and decided to lift my seat up a bit to see how it felt. Then I tightened my seat clamp and broke it. So that blew my workout too. Not a good day. Hopefully I'll get some type of workout in today.

I run an 87 inch gear. I use a 16t cog and 52t chainring along with 19mm tires. Supposedly having big gears lower friction for pursuits so I don't have the normal 47/14 like a lot of sprinters. I guess that the leverage on the smaller chainring gear would help me for sprinting and points races but I don't want to have to change chains for racing so I deal with it.

I run an 87 inch gear. I use a 16t cog and 52t chainring along with 19mm tires. Supposedly having big gears lower friction for pursuits so I don't have the normal 47/14 like a lot of sprinters. I guess that the leverage on the smaller chainring gear would help me for sprinting and points races but I don't want to have to change chains for racing so I deal with it.

Potter you rock that's why I did my first team pursuit on Sunday!

Dave said I can easly put more power in my legs

he calls me a noodle hehe What a meany !

any tips that I could put more power in my legs?