Supplements Necessary?

Supplements give you things in excess that you wouldn't otherwise be able to eat...its unnatural to have those things in excess and it lets your body get unnaturally large as well...even without steroids but I think most of the people your referring to take all the legal and illegal things they can get their hands on

I've noticed a lot of people with well formed, full muscles take supplements. I was wondering if this is necessary and what it is about the supplements that helps so much.

I think that as long as you treat supplements as SUPPLEMENTS then all is fine. Depending on your goals, you may never need to take them. Watch your progress and your recovery times, if your progress is quite stagnant then perhaps some dietary supplementation will help or if your recovery rates are super slow then definately eat more and possibly take some supplements to help boost the calories.

Some people use them as a crutch and forego actual food, which I think impedes their progress. Some people don't use them and make plenty of gains, some people use them correctly and really maximize their potential.

Regards,

Sensless

I've noticed a lot of people with well formed, full muscles take supplements. I was wondering if this is necessary and what it is about the supplements that helps so much.

I think that as long as you treat supplements as SUPPLEMENTS then all is fine. Depending on your goals, you may never need to take them. Watch your progress and your recovery times, if your progress is quite stagnant then perhaps some dietary supplementation will help or if your recovery rates are super slow then definately eat more and possibly take some supplements to help boost the calories.

Some people use them as a crutch and forego actual food, which I think impedes their progress. Some people don't use them and make plenty of gains, some people use them correctly and really maximize their potential.

Regards,

Sensless

I think that's a real problem too. I know a guy who almost lives on protein bars and whey protein, it's quite sad really.

I would eat more than anyone would need and supplement more than anyone would need when I was younger and never suffered...surely it wasn't good for me but I did get stronger