Hello from Melbourne, Australia

Xavier

Hey kids,

I'm 19 and completing the last year of a Bachelor in IT. Have been vegetarian for a few months now after studying philosophy 101 and also going to one of Peter Singer's public lectures. Trying to figure out how to go vegan, but it's fair difficult when green bananas are $15/kilo Baby steps, baby steps.

Have been training on and off since the start of the year, but more focusing on running. Did my first half-marathon last weekend, and am now going to try and switch focus to bodybuilding. With summer coming up and all. May be too late - we had a 36C day a few days ago which is the hottest it's been in October here for a century!

Look forward to seeing you in the forums

Xavier

Welcome Xavier!

Great to have you here. Awesome job with the half marathon. We have a few other endurance athletes who are also bodybuilders.

You came to the right place.

We hope you enjoy the forum and meet lots of cool people.

All the best and welcome aboard!

hi and welcome from another Aussie

I know bananas are expensive at the moment but loads of other seasonal fruit and veg are as reasonable as ever so you are definitely not deprived. plus don't forget your grains and legumes... time to get acquainted with the health food section of your supermarket, coles usually has a fairly good range. check out the frozen food sections for vegan soy schnitzels and the like.