Favourite pose?

JW

• 2 weeks later...

I can.

I had such an intense vinyasa, and before I could fall totally asleep in shivasana, I began to snore (one snort) and woke myself up!

Oh well, at least I provided an opportunity for everybody in the class to giggle.

Flanders, you can do a full scorpion? Forearmstand with the toes touching your head? My shoulders are too tight and big to get my forearms down on the ground, and my body vertical with hips over shoulders. I am still working on handstand for the past two years. Maybe when I loose my weight for cutting, I can lift my body weight up and over my shoulders. With my instructor's help, I was able to find the sweet spot of perfect balance in handstand one time. My goal for next year is to be able to do it on my own.

Flanders, you can do a full scorpion? Forearmstand with the toes touching your head?

I am actually working on a full scorpion. This is where I am now:

http://www.yoga-vidya.de/Bilder/Asanas/Skorpion/Skorpion-54.jpg

But I am looking forward not towards the ground.

It took me about 2 Month after I managed the headstand.

When I read a book about yoga many years ago (while I was not doing any yoga) I saw the scorpion and thought: "This is my position". And it really turns out to be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Flanders, you give me hope! I've just started to be able to do headstand and feel pretty confident about it...my forearm stand is pretty weak still, I require some spotting...thanks for the inspiration!

That said, I'm not sure I could chose a favorite, it really depends on what I'm doing, and sometimes my favorite might be somewhere in the transition between postures and not necessarily the posture itself, kwim? I found myself smiling like an idiot in vera 2 the other day for crying out loud, just because I felt aligned and *right,* that's the only thing I remember from my practice the other day!

Child's Pose is by far my most favorite. Sometimes when I am in an excrutiating lecture class I feel like sliding out of my seat and doing it.

http://www.wildmind.org/images/yoga/02c.jpg

When I was a kid, I had a soccer coach who made us do child pose at halftime to rejuvenate us.

I agree! its a great pose!

That scorpion one is a little beyond me right now though

Flanders, you give me hope! I've just started to be able to do headstand and feel pretty confident about it...my forearm stand is pretty weak still, I require some spotting...thanks for the inspiration!

It really is not that difficult. Train your forearm stand and try to lift yourself up in the headstand. After the head has left the ground try looking forward and moving your feed forward, too. But use a wall...

• 4 weeks later...

does that count?

http://idisk.mac.com/glennbr-Public/Photo33.jpg

----

i need some help finding information about yoga.. and good poses.. cuz i'm a total newbie.. maybe a little flexible, but with no real experience.

Edited by andgbr

• 4 months later...