VBF Forum awards?

JW

:) I thought about this along time ago, but never put further thought into it.

Funny you mention it. I saw the same thing at a health food store yesterday. The employees could vote for each other for a bunch of different topics like 'most likely to ........' best............, most unique.......... etc.

So, yeah, let's do it!

Let's brainstorm some topics or categories and then start a new thread for the voting once we get it all sorted out.

Great idea! We can celebrate at year's end!

Here is my list of brainstorming. I'm sure others will be more creative, but here it goes. P.S. I'll use ones already suggested too:

Member of the year:

Funniest Poster:

Best giver of advice:

Most likely to go crazy if the forum got shut down:

Most likely to travel across the world to meet another forum member:

Best transformation since joining the forum (fitness or health or both):

Biggest Flirt:

Best physique:

Most genuine member:

Most inspirational member:

Most honest member:

Most trustworthy member:

Most likely to be the first to 10,000 posts:

Most random topic poster:

Best overall individual post:

Best hair (based on avatar)

Best avatar:

Best signature:

Most unique member:

Friendliest member:

Member you have met the most in person:

Member you would most like to meet in person:

Member who is most like yourself (most similar):

Best quote used on the forum:

Maybe we can pick the most appropriate ones from this list? Ones that won't really offend people or make people feel bad in anyway.

Some are totally fine as far as I'm concerned, such as:

Funniest poster

Biggest flirt

Member you've met the most in person

Best signature

Most likely to go crazy if the site shut down

Most likely to be the first to 10,000 posts

Most random topic poster

Best mullet (ok just added that one for our new member mulletass)

And others.

Thoughts?

To be honest, i don't like the idea.

It seems a bit superfluous and competitive. This is a great online community and each and every member contributes to that. I don't think we need to award a few single members for whatever just to celebrate how great we all are...

It's a cute idea, but I agree with Daywalker. I've seen this on other online communities and someone always gets hurt (for whatever reason -- being left out, awarded something they found sort of insulting/not funny, etc.)

I agree with daywalker and raven.Superfluous and competitive indeed.

Perhaps my feelings about this come from my school days? I was always the one who did not fit in, the weird one, the loner. I observed others being voted most popular or most likely to succeed....and felt even more removed from those people. It was not a good feeling. Daywalker, Raven and Bronco may also sense the potential for drawing lines within our community.

I realize that this idea is meant for fun. And I am probably just carrying the negative memories of High School with me and applying them here.

I think that most of us are intuitively aware of who the winners might be already.

In doing this, please be mindful of those who may not be awarded something, and always think of the whole nature of this community.

I've always been a loner, I've never once fitted into any part of society, I never got the girls when I was a kid, I always felt stupid/dumb coz I was always told that I was....but hey, so what!!!!

We are not bullying anyone or trying to be mean...this is just a bit of fun between ourselves as a community and we can do that because we've all grown to know each other....yes it means that some people won't get a mention and I'm probably gonna be amongst those people but I'm not gonna be offended....or bring my own issues to the table...

As far as the competitive stuff goes I think that it comes with the territory, this being a bodybuilding and fitness forum and all.....but I think that this is more like friendly banter between buddies than competition....

No ones trying to be elitist here or compete for popularity!

if I didn't like what was suggested I simply won't take part and let everyone else do there thing.....I don't see the point of being so negative, if you don't like it then don't take part....but I hope you all do though coz you guys are great!!!!!

Oh look.....I think an award just opened up for Bigbwii.....guy most likely to get booted off a forum!!!!

Edited by Bigbwii

Here's my vote

Funniest Poster:

Best giver of advice:

Most likely to go crazy if the forum got shut down:

Most likely to travel across the world to meet another forum member:

Best transformation since joining the forum (fitness or health or both):

Biggest Flirt:

Best physique:

Most genuine member:

Most inspirational member:

Most honest member: