It is @#%$ COLD here!!!!!!!

JW

I just got to school this morning and I was sweating on my ride knowing that this was the last time I'll be enjoying riding my bike(in terms of weather) for quite a while...lousy thing is that its the first day of classes so I won't get a real ride in.

I'm hopefully going back out to Toronto to stay with compassionategirl again next month - I hope it's not too cold. I think Toronto doesn't get it as bad as Winnipeg, but will still probably be colder than anything I have ever experienced before.

When I went out in October I was surprised how mild it was then......

It's been a bit warmer in Toronto but it can get pretty cold there too.

It's a bit different though. The air temperature is definitely warmer but they get winds coming in off the water which just chill you to the bone!

The fall season was very mild in most of Canada this year.

Hopefully it will be mild again when you get there!!

It's not very cold right now, but Portland is covered in snow! I has been snowing for maybe up to 8 hours, I'm not sure, but it's already a couple of inches thick on our yard.

Dave couldn't go to work this morning. He normally rides the bus, but the bus ran into a tree so it stopped running. Now he's working from home, in the other room. I'm happy to see snow. In Portland, we only get it a couple of times a year at most. Other parts of Oregon may see it for months, but not us.

It's not very cold right now, but Portland is covered in snow! I has been snowing for maybe up to 8 hours, I'm not sure, but it's already a couple of inches thick on our yard.

Dave couldn't go to work this morning. He normally rides the bus, but the bus ran into a tree so it stopped running. Now he's working from home, in the other room. I'm happy to see snow. In Portland, we only get it a couple of times a year at most. Other parts of Oregon may see it for months, but not us.

Its AWESOME! SNOW DAY!!! hehehe

So THAT's where our snow is. It literally has not snowed here on the Cape yet this year. Not an inch. Kinda sad.

You can have some of ours if you want

Last week my sister-in-law called us from Boston. She and her boyfriend were walking to the tennis courts. Her boyfriend was actually here for a couple days during Christmas holidays. Of course he missed the cold snap!

We finally got about half an inch of snow today, after it was 58 degrees farenheit yesterday.

Southern California is where it's really cold. Hold on to your avocados boys, they are about to get really expensive!

http://marketplace.publicradio.org/i/news/b_avocados.jpg

After a five-day visit from an arctic air mass, three-quarters of California's citrus crop is gone, according to one estimate. That could be a loss of a little more than a billion dollars. And much of the avocado crop is also at risk, worth $425 million. http://marketplace.publicradio.org/shows/2007/01/16/PM200701163.html

Wow, I didn't think I'd be participating in this thread, but it's 31°F here right now (feels like 23°F according to weather.com) and we've got freezing rain, which is not exactly typical weather for Houston, Texas, even in January. Just to keep things exciting, we've also got a flood warning in effect.

I fully anticipate that schools will be closing tomorrow, and my kids will be stuck listening to stories all day long about how I used to have to walk a mile in the snow every morning to catch the school bus, uphill both ways, carrying 50 pounds of books, in subzero temperatures wearing cheap canvas sneakers.

God love El Paso . There is a possibility of 3 - 6 inches of snow (in the higher elevations no less) and all the schools and many businesses are closed. It hasn't even started snowing yet (is supposed to in a few hours), its just been raining a bit .

Oh, and I went grocery shopping last night and all the stores were packed! Everyone was stocking up for this "big storm". Good times!

Yeah, I stayed away from everything for a couple of days. I barely left the house

We don't get snow and ice that often and I knew it would cause problems everywhere, since we're not used to driving in it.

My car also does very poorly in bad weather conditions. I think I'm on day 5 without using it. I've walked and taken the bus lately.

There are bad weather situations all over the place right now, it seems. Ours is pretty much over now and only lasted for a few days.

I just heard about the terrible winds and storms in Europe. That sounds really sad. I hope things clear up everywhere soon!