Anyone Interested in Asheville?

Zack

Is anyone interested in having VV '07 in Asheville? I figure a lot of East Coast people may be. It's a beautiful area right in the Appalachian mountains, with a ton of outdoors stuff to do and a Vegan friendly city with a decent art scene. I know the area fairly well, and it could be a good time.

I know loveliberate was interested.

I think it is a great idea for a mini gathering. I love the feedback and enthusiasm, but I can't stress enough the planning that needs to go on, and it's best when multiple people live in the area. Even if this year is way more laid back than last year, there will be quite a bit to plan and arrange.

I really like the idea and I do see us meeting there, maybe as a smaller gathering sometime this year for those nearby and those who wish to travel.

The benefits of Portland are that we have 2 dozen members from this area already, plus our friends and families, and we have all the connections with restaurants, speakers/presenters, organic farms, markets, gyms, etc. already.

Just something to consider, but I went ahead and put Asheville on the ballot to vote on and we'll just let the community decide.

I'm all for it, wherever we end up. But I see us doing both! One big one in Portland with a ton of people in the #1 vegan city in America, and then another one with less people, but still a cool group none-the-less in the #1 vegan smaller city in America.

Thanks for the feedback, great stuff!

I like a mini-gathering, on the condition that I don't have to drive down alone, like the time I had to drive to Pittsburgh.

You, Michael, and Tiffaney can meet up and drive down, Only takes me a couple hours to get there.

Maybe we should do that early summer/spring.

I like a mini-gathering, on the condition that I don't have to drive down alone, like the time I had to drive to Pittsburgh.

You, Michael, and Tiffaney can meet up and drive down, Only takes me a couple hours to get there.

We'll have to see. If you ever want to drive up we have a guest room in Matamoras too, just to hang out.

We'll have to see. If you ever want to drive up we have a guest room in Matamoras too, just to hang out.

Thanks for the offer, I'm actually trying to get a list of people I can stay with around the US, I plan on taking some trips probably next summer.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE all the ideas, I just look at things from an organizer's perspective because that is what I've been doing latey and as some of you know, it has drained every ounce out of me. Vegan Vacation 06 and Vegan Holiday Festival too more work that I could have ever imagined.

Keep the ideas coming and I'll just put in my 2 cents from an organizers perspective.

We have so many things going for us in Portland. I'm talking about having companies sponsor us and donate tons of free food, we'll get special VIP treatment places, we have so many things to offer out here. Aside from all that, Portland is an amazing place in it's own right.

We'll keep on discussing options for a big event and smaller event. I like the idea of 2 per day, West and East coast

Yeah, this could be something to look foward to next year, or as a smaller meet-up place for those of us who want to go there without an intinerary, just to hang out and take it a day at a time.

I'd be up for that sometime in 07 or next year.

Yeah, this could be something to look foward to next year, or as a smaller meet-up place for those of us who want to go there without an intinerary, just to hang out and take it a day at a time.

I'd be up for that sometime in 07 or next year.

If you're serious about that, I will research restaurants and lodging stuff.

yeah, you bet. I think I would love to do some totally relaxed, low-detailed gathering sometime.

That is how it was in D.C. in some aspects. Granted we were working at the Animal Rights Conference, but we didn't have any plans. Potter, Seasiren, VeganEssentials and myself just hung out.

Vegan Vacation will be a bigger event, but I'd like to go to Asheville with 6-10 of you for a casual 3-5 day exploration and hang out

I could offer a tour of downtown Asheville and all the vegan eateries. Zack you can take the outside naturalist sites aspect. Although, Slippery Rock is pretty awesome and only about 45 minutes out of town. It's a 150ft natural waterslide, but I warn you it is only about 50 degree water even in mid-summer!