Fundamentalist Swimwear

michaelhobson

Those are actually kind of pretty.

The swimsuits or the girls?

The swimsuits... especially the colors of the swimsuits, though. They take the modesty thing to the extreme, but sometimes slightly modest is more alluring than a barely-there suit.

But then, I think the Gibson-girl style swimsuits are cool, too.

http://giam.typepad.com/100_years_of_illustration/images/cdg_00.gif

And pinup-style stuff. I would actually wear this one:

http://www.americanartarchives.com/elvgren_coke_beach.jpg

Is that really what these things are? Clothing designed specifically for religious people?

Yeah, click the pictures in my first post. The muslim one is an article about an Australian swimsuit line that recently added these. The christian one is a home business from some US fundamentalists.

For those who are religious.... why would ''God'' create something that we're not are to show?

I'm not the perfect one..

good point

The only thing I can think of is that it would be to thwart the unwelcome advances and crimes of non-religious types.

pretty messed up!

*just changed ''are'' to ''allow''.. sorry i couldn't notice that before.. ( correction on my previus post )

lol...

anyways..

there are reasons why we shouldn't be walking around naked and touching each other.. but it has nothing to do with religion. in my opinion.

For those who are religious.... why would ''God'' create something that we're not are to show?

I'm not the perfect one..

good point

The only thing I can think of is that it would be to thwart the unwelcome advances and crimes of non-religious types.

pretty messed up!

i couldn't understand, what you mean?

unless...... the original purpose of religion was to create an early set of laws (rules of conduct)

Funny, I think that the hangup over nudity in North America is ridiculous but I personally would NEVER show myself in public. Yet, I have no issues about others doing it

unless...... the original purpose of religion was to create an early set of laws (rules of conduct)

Funny, I think that the hangup over nudity in North America is ridiculous but I personally would NEVER show myself in public. Yet, I have no issues about others doing it

i wouldn't walk around naked for 2 reasons:

first because it's something private for me, only VIP have that privilege.. lol

second because, it doesn't seem so hygienic to walk around naked..

Now if you were at a resort where EVERYBODY walked around naked, would the thought pattern be reversed?

Would you feel uncomfortable in that you were so different than everyone else? Feeling out of place?

For me this is definitely a hypothetical since nudist colonies don't hold a lot of interest. It makes you think though....

hmmm

do they come in men's versions?

They do. The men's version is a tshirt and swim trunks. Modesty is required by both sexes, but moreso for the females.

The beliefs of less extreme religious groups would allow women to wear "normal" swimwear, but it'd have to be a much more modest choice, like the Coca Cola girl's suit that I posted. Definitely no cleavage-revealing suits or string bikinis.

If I had been brought up in a society where everybody was naked, I would feel differently about nakedness than I do at the moment, and would probably feel comfortable being naked around everyone. But if I was to just go into a society where everyone was naked, now, I would feel uncomfortable in taking my clothes off I think. Maybe after living there for a while I could get used to it, I dunno. Certainly just for a day on a nudist beach, I wouldn't get used to it, no way.

hmmm

do they come in men's versions?

They do. The men's version is a tshirt and swim trunks. Modesty is required by both sexes, but moreso for the females.

The beliefs of less extreme religious groups would allow women to wear "normal" swimwear, but it'd have to be a much more modest choice, like the Coca Cola girl's suit that I posted. Definitely no cleavage-revealing suits or string bikinis.

Are the men's shorts long like surfer shorts?

I take it they are on the tight side based on the modesty comment.

Not too bad!

On the Apprentice last night, the challenge was to design, show and sell swimsuits.

One of the teams came up with these tight short bikini style form fitting men's swimsuit. Believe me..... I wouldn't be wearing that!!!

They were almost as bad as what Robert wears when he competes!!

andgbr, you'll find that nudist resorts require everyone to haul around a towel to sit on for sanitary purposes.

Personally, I mostly go nude in more natural settings where sanitation isn't really an issue, such as national forests, lakes, rivers etc. I have been nude in larger groups such as at the Rainbow Gathering of the Tribes I don't have a problem with nudity, I've seen all types of people naked and they are pretty much all beautiful.

Wouldn't it be a funny thing if you had never seen a naked animal? We almost all admire the beauty of animals, yet there are so many hangups about people. Then people secret away in their houses looking at naked people online.

well, i don't have any problem with people going around naked, it's a personal choice in my opinion..

but i agree to what richard said about our society.. i think i'd do the same.

Are the men's shorts long like surfer shorts?

I take it they are on the tight side based on the modesty comment.

This is what I found:

http://www.swimmodest.com/images/ammonswimshirt2.jpg

wow.. that's so lame.. they should also ask god to start creating these people without penis, vaginas, and breasts.. so they won't have stuff to hide..

lol

don't you guys think that's a solution, even god is able to make a mistake, isn't he?

i'm kidding guys..