Anyone who has bought a dehydrator, please help !

Monow

OK I am thinking of getting a dehydrator. Yes I know some Raw eaters don't agree with the dehydrators, but I know many do.

So for those people who have bought a dehydrator, can you give any advice of what things I should look out for when purchasing. Like features that are a must. Makes and models to look for. Any dodgy models that don't do the job proparly.

I did see this one on a site I buy things from http://www.detoxyourworld.com/acatalog/stockli_timer.html any feedback on that model ?

If you are going to seriously dehydrate then you can't get better than the Excalibur. I have the 9 tray but the 5 tray would be enough for one person, especially if you don't plan on using it alot. The nonstick drying sheets are a must. My mother has one of the circular dehydrators but it's very height and size limiting. You could probably find a used one much cheaper.

www.drying123.com

Thanks for the feedback DV. Also the link is great too. I've checked the link, and watched the little promo video which was very interesting. Also I am amazed that they give a 10 year warranty on the dehydrator. I can't remember when I last saw a warranty for 10 years on any product. They must believe in their product if they give such coverage !

The site I was looking at has the excalibur. Both 5 and 9 tray, so I'm in luck there.

Thanks again, now I'll go read more on it all

If you are going to seriously dehydrate then you can't get better than the Excalibur. I have the 9 tray but the 5 tray would be enough for one person, especially if you don't plan on using it alot. The nonstick drying sheets are a must. My mother has one of the circular dehydrators but it's very height and size limiting. You could probably find a used one much cheaper.

www.drying123.com

I have the 5 tray and would probably sugguest the 9 tray. I live alone, and can not seem to make enough in one batch. enough of anything. I would prefer to dehydrate twice a week not 5 times a week.