Only in Portland........

robert

Only in Portland..........

Tonight davidtarrfoster and I went to the gym and then out to eat and sure enough, in total there were 5 forum members there and only Dave and I went together. It just so happened a bunch of us were there individually. Ok, actually there were 4 of us, but andesuma had left like right before dave and I got there. So there really were 5 of us total in that very short time period.

It's not like there's only one vegan place in town either, we have tons of all vegan spots and tons of vegetarian places.

So I just thought that was totally random, totally cool, and one of the things I absolutely love about this city.

One time I mentioned something on here around 3PM for a gathering at Proper Eats around 8PM. Five hours later, there were 11 of us at the table

We'll be getting more Portland members soon too. I'm encouraging a few who hang out with our forum crew to join the board.

Anyway, good times tonight in Portland and great food!

I got to hang out with DV for a few minutes today in her very cool hybrid Prius. She hooked me up with a lot of Chinook Book coupons that she wasnt going to use. I've already put these to good use & passed some along to othe folks too. My best buy got me what was normally an $11 Herb Pharm Echinacea / Goldenseal mix for just $6!

Thanks again DV!

• 1 month later...

Dang you Portland, no wait, that's a different thread.

I'm just jealous, you guys are very lucky to have all the vegan locations.

Someday I would like to move to that area. Is there room for one more?

There is no such thing as a vegan meal in a Billings Montana restaurant.

I need to order a regular meal with the animal parts removed.

There is always room for one more!

You gonna make it to vegan vacation? That is a great time to come and get to know Portland a little better! The you will really get the "itch" (to move here). The more vegans we get the more vegan friendly the city will become!

I won't be making it to Vegan Vacation.

My vacation time is used up when my dad comes to town to visit me in July.

He's retired, lives on the road in his 5th wheel trailer, and stops in Billings for 3 weeks every summer.

I already have the "itch" (to move there), my brother lives across the river in Vancouver.

I am hearing all this great stuff about Portland, maybe I should consider moving out there.

I am currently looking to relocate and have been looking around the country but not in OR.

Anyone know if engineering jobs are plentiful out there?

I have no idea about work but if your willing to take a huge paycut I'm sure a bike shop would benefit from an engineer...plus you'd be able to ride on the Velodrome

I am hearing all this great stuff about Portland, maybe I should consider moving out there.

I am currently looking to relocate and have been looking around the country but not in OR.

Anyone know if engineering jobs are plentiful out there?

There's tons in Silicon Valley just over the hill from me. But likely not as many vegans there. You can live here in Santa Cruz (a very progressive town) and commute every day by car, but that would be against my bike commuting religion...

Montana vegan...sorry you can't make it! That is awesome that your brother lives in Vancouver...that could make it nice for when your dad comes to visit!

Harley, I am not really in the know about engineering jobs here in PDX, sorry.

Cubby, glad to hear that you are considering Portland. There are some awesome schools here! I have a friend (in another state) that did a bunch of substitute teaching for a year and then got a teaching job pretty easily.

I really love it here. Being vegan is a cinch! I have lived here almost 2 years and I am still trying out restaurants with vegan food on the menu!