Comments on Vegan Bodybuilding Clothing

sydneyvegan

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed that as soon as I went vegan. Muscles just work better. When I went raw though...whole 'nother story. I have a feeling i'll get sucked back into it soon. I change up my diet all the time though. Raw felt good, I just didn't really have a ton of time to keep eating.

You should get that shirt and outlift men with big ego's, I'd pay to see that. You seem pretty small, I wouldn't know, but 500 lb leg press is nothing but impressive.

Yah, I've noticed similar things.. , but being raw, I mean... I can train

for nearly 8 hours(cycling generally), and NEVER be sore.

My recovery time is unbelievably short.

(I typically wake up at 3-4am for work, so that gives you an idea of

how much sleep I run on..)

I am definitely more into endurance sports, but I absolutely love

lifting weights... a lot. And a lot has to do with the fact I progress

really quickly with it, I get really strong without bulking up...

I am close to 500 lbs with leg presses, I am currently on gym hiatus

because of a cycling incident/injury -- but I'll be back at it next week.

& lets just say, 500lbs is nearly 5x my body weight!

and I am 5' 5"

I need to buy one of the vegan shirts from here soon. Leg pressing was always my freakish lift (last I did them was at 820 lbs for three sets of 8-12, while weighing about 160 lbs), but I gave it up to do squats and deadlifts exclusively. I am not so freakish with them. Yet.

Nice!

You need a shirt for sure!

I don't have a huge variety now but will (hopefully) have more soon.

Most of the ones I have are black and white, not blue and white, but have the same logos.

I also have Vegan Fitness Team shirts as seen on the cover of our DVD.

I have a few other random ones too. Just PM to learn more

Thanks everyone for wearing the shirts! We have hundreds and hundreds of them all over the world so it's cool.

Why'd you decide to get skinny anyways?

I decided to get skinny to cycle...you can only be so big and be a competative cyclist...even now I'm 40lbs heavier than cyclists my height that are considered overweight...go figure

***Sorry to hear about the cycling incident andesuma Hopefully you'll be back strong

I got the usual stupid guy remarks when I wore my vest ..

"if all vegans look like you, I'll convert" .... they could at least be original...

one girl asked me some stuff though so that was nice.

Think I will be back to wearing my very baggy "leave me alone" gym gear for now lol

What shirt did you wear to the gym today

To everyone.....I have some great ideas for new shirts, I'm just working on the financial part to make it happen. Some have been in the works for over a year now and I just haven't been able to make it happen. I do still have a bunch of different things including shirts, hats, shorts, aprons, etc.

In the past we've had pants, visors, and other things too. I'm just running low on funds and understand that our products page sucks so we're not moving a whole lot of what we do have now, other than at festivals and shows.

I'll keep working on it and thanks for wearing them around! It is all very much appreciated.

Which gym was that SydneyVegan?

I've probably trained there - I went to a lot - and I mean a lot - of gyms when I was in Sydney.

Hey Tarz,

I train at In-Shape in Alexandria (It is next door to where I work)

Most of the staff have no idea, but I can go when it is empty, so that helps.

I love that hard, dense look more than anything! I love old photos of Dorian Yates and other guys who mastered the look of dense muscle, and had loads of dense muscle all over their bodies. I've always been small and lean I'd LOVE to be HUGE and HARD too!

For now, I've got my buddy Jay Cutler who has that going on better than almost anyone at the moment.

Bodybuilding seasons is now in full gear, I better start paying attention and get in shape!

When alex visited and we went to the gym together, we both wore the vegan bodybuilding tshirts. I was sat doing calf raises, and Alex was doing something or other, I think squats or dead lifts.

This big guy comes up to me, called Ryan, and I know him as we both have gone to the gym for years. He reads my shirt and this conversation happened:

Ryan: "Vegan Bodybuilding? (laughs) How does that work?"

Richard: "What do you mean, how does it work?"

Ryan: "How do you do bodybuilding on a vegan diet? With no protein"

Richard: "You can get protein from other places, other than meat and dairy."

Ryan: "Yeah but they're from the wrong places."

Richard: "(laughs) Well I'm not really the person to talk to about this, as I'm not actually a 'bodybuilder' myself. I just do a lot of work for this company - vegan bodybuilding. But that guy over there (points to Alex) he is vegan and a bodybuilder who competes in bodybuilding competitions"

Ryan: (looks at Alex) "He looks a bit (sucks in cheeks to suggest alex is skinny). Looks in need of a good meal"

Richard: "He has come 1st place in international competitions. He has a great fat ratio, great definition, very healthy, good abs"

Ryan: (looks unimpressed) "Well that's the main thing" (exits)

Ryan later went on to become enraged with Alex when Alex did a set of pull ups on the pull up bar that Ryan had been using without asking. Ryan came to me to complain. Who knows why - why not just go complain to Alex, as he's the one who committed the heinous crime? But I think his anger was more to do with him being vegan.

Alexander Dargatz is "Daywalker" on the forum. He's one of our most active members with something like 1600 posts, but he hasn't been on in a little while. But he'll be back soon.

I hung out with him this summer. He's one of the best vegan bodybuilders in the world, as far as I'm concerned and just an awesome guy.

Here is a photo of him. It doesn't look like he's missing protein to me!

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/imgs/albums/Alex1/comp_front1.jpg

You can read all about him here:

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/article/724

Richard,

Thanks for sharing the story.

I get that too:

"How does that work?"

It is strange that people associate VEGAN with NO Protein. I've had that too.

"Wow you can look like with ZERO protein!"

Some people just don't understand that protein comes from other sources.

Believe it or not, some people (many) think chocolate comes from dairy. If you have chocolate, it's from a cow because there is chocolate milk.

I'm serious about that. I get that sometimes and I think it is pretty common. Some people really have no idea where nutrition comes from and that says a lot about the good job the meat and dairy and other animal food companies have done with marketing. They are brilliant and that is a big problem.

It is great to know that there are hundreds of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness shirts out there all over the world so we can at least address the idea that it is not only possible but some of the athletes associated with our group have had great success (Daywalker, Robbie and myself included among many others in other sports outside of bodybuilding).

Keep on wearing them and expect more to be available later on this year.