i'm gonna get fast... i hope

A now ex-friend did up a training plan for me that divided up the groups, but it made me so sore. Maybe to ease in to it I could do like, only half of each routine per day, until I'm used to using the muscles? When I'm sore I can't run, and the running is my priority.

I mostly care about my arms, the rest of me is pretty awesomely toned. Well, my arms are too, but they're small.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody has ever accused me of not having enough confidence. I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

There are so many people on this forum who accomplish such amazing athletic feats... after a lifetime of being the girl everyone would pick last, it feels very cool to be accepted amongst such amazing athletes here.

Have you been doing before and afters?

Back to training journal mode, I haven't done any weights the past few days because I have a house guest staying in my gym until Saturday. Hopefully Sunday or Monday. I plan to run a half marathon distance on Sunday, on the actual course that my race is on in three weeks. markc7 told me how to do an ice bath for wimps afterwards, so I'm hoping that will expedite my recovery a bit.

I'm going to run a half marathon distance this afternoon, however, I'm just going to do it in my neighbourhood this time. Also, I don't feel very great today, so who knows if I'll actually make it. I'm making myself a super fortified smoothie right now (Vega, 1 ounce of wheatgrass, 1 TB ground chia, blueberries, banana, strawberries, juice, soy milk) so hopefully that will help.

Thanks Tasha. The weight kind of came off in two installments... I lost the first 15 pounds within about nine months of beginning to exercise (but I didn't weigh myself for nine months so I could have lost it much faster than that) and I stayed stable at that weight for about a year. Then after I started running I lost the other 15 pounds. I lost five pounds during the first two months I was running, but then lost 10 pounds very quickly as I upped my mileage and was going through a bad time personally and all but stopped eating. However, I'm eating normally now and have been for about six weeks and I'm still at the same weight, so I guess that's where I'm staying.

OK not only did I manage to complete the half marathon run, I shaved 14 minutes off of my previous time! I did it in 1:55, and the last time I did it was 2:09. I feel really good, but tired. I'm going to do one of those ice bath things now and then take a nap.

I have been SO LAZY this week.

I did the half marathon on Sunday, and then I did a measly 4k on Tuesday. I did some weights and stuff Wednesday morning, but skipped a planned run.

However, tonight I had a great run, about 10k in an hour, mostly hills. I tried sprinting up the one hill the five times I did it, which was a good workout. I did a 2km warm up and a 1.5 km cool down, and all hills in between. I felt great. Tomorrow night I plan to do fartleks for 5k. Saturday is off, Sunday is doing another half marathon... the last one before my big race!

So yeah, I skipped the 5k run I was supposed to do on Friday night because I felt lazy. I went for a run Saturday morning, but didn't feel very great so I cut it short (4k). Planning to go out to the half marathon course this morning to run it. I think I might have gotten too much sleep on Friday night, which might be why I ran so badly. I intentionally only let myself have 8 hours last night... still a good night of sleep, but not excessive. I find I do best on 7-8 hours.

I think I "won" this one, but sadly it'll be a losing battle for me in the end.

OK so I just got back from doing the course, and FUCK was it ever a bitch! The first 7k were up hill, aside from a steep downhill right at the start. Also, no shade. At all. The sun was so bright I felt like I was in a desert. And wind was blowing against me. I wasn't able to focus mentally and the noise in my head got really loud so I had to stop at about 6.5k and walk for half a kilometer. I NEVER walk. Anyway, after I started again I felt pretty good for the rest of the run, and I did it in about 2:02. If I hadn't have walked it would have been under two hours. I'm sure I can do under two hours the day of the race, as it should be a lot cooler in the morning.

Oh, and I LOVE Clif cran-razz shot blocks!! They are so delicious I think i might start buying them and eating them as candy.

I think I "won" this one, but sadly it'll be a losing battle for me in the end.

OK so I just got back from doing the course, and FUCK was it ever a bitch! The first 7k were up hill, aside from a steep downhill right at the start. Also, no shade. At all. The sun was so bright I felt like I was in a desert. And wind was blowing against me. I wasn't able to focus mentally and the noise in my head got really loud so I had to stop at about 6.5k and walk for half a kilometer. I NEVER walk. Anyway, after I started again I felt pretty good for the rest of the run, and I did it in about 2:02. If I hadn't have walked it would have been under two hours. I'm sure I can do under two hours the day of the race, as it should be a lot cooler in the morning.

Oh, and I LOVE Clif cran-razz shot blocks!! They are so delicious I think i might start buying them and eating them as candy.

Awesome work Pamela!!!!... Don't you love it? And the question is why do we want to kill ourselves for fun? hahah !