Got Milk? ( old ads )

andgbr

That's how they work it, advertising. It doesn't even matter if you like milk, everytime you hear "Got....?" you think of it. It's brain conditioning. When I worked at Wendy's we had discounts for Six Flags Theme park (It's a major amusement park, near the Jersey shore for those of you not on the East Coast) with some stupid old guy that danced to this song, and everytime people saw the guy, they'd break out singing/humming the song he danced to on the commercial.

That's how they work it, advertising. It doesn't even matter if you like milk, everytime you hear "Got....?" you think of it. It's brain conditioning. When I worked at Wendy's we had discounts for Six Flags Theme park (It's a major amusement park, near the Jersey shore for those of you not on the East Coast) with some stupid old guy that danced to this song, and everytime people saw the guy, they'd break out singing/humming the song he danced to on the commercial.

That guy FREAKED ME OUT. Bad memory, bad memory.

I've been thinking a lot lately about how untruthful our society is and I think a lot of it boils down to the fact that the media, our politicians, corporations - they have no interest in being truthful, they just want to make you do something - watch their show, vote for them, buy their products. And in doing so, you're under their control. And when you're under their control, then you will live your life not knowing any better and will die having lived a false, apathetic existence.

My friend is convinced that something BIG is coming, something that will put everything on its head (he's not the only one who thinks this). And the people who understand what's really going on will trust their intuition and live through it fine. The rest will either learn quickly or...I don't know what.