The protector (tony jaa)

Hero

Liz (Lizworld) and her friend Alexandra and I watched the Protector (Tom Yum Goong) last night.

It is one of my favorite movies featuring Tony Jaa and Muay Thai and even has a Capoeira scene in it with Lateef Crowder. The movie shows some of traditional Thailand and the symbolism of the Elephant in their culture.

In the movie a restaurant that serves endangered animals gets shut down by Tony Jaa. Animal Liberation! hehe.

anyone else see this movie and enjoy it?

I can't wait to start learning some Muay Thai too.

Liz (Lizworld) and her friend Alexandra and I watched the Protector (Tom Yum Goong) last night.

It is one of my favorite movies featuring Tony Jaa and Muay Thai and even has a Capoeira scene in it with Lateef Crowder. The movie shows some of traditional Thailand and the symbolism of the Elephant in their culture.

In the movie a restaurant that serves endangered animals gets shut down by Tony Jaa. Animal Liberation! hehe.

Next time we hang out I'll have to take a look, or did you lend it to Liz for a little while?

Such a great movie!!!!!

Alex fell asleep though, but she was the driver and we had to get up real early so I don't blame her. I'm just too much in love with MT to miss out on some killer fight scenes!!

Ed - if you and Hero hasn't seen it untill my return, we'll do it. Seriously, I could probably watch it over and over again! Assum!!

Next time we hang out I'll have to take a look, or did you lend it to Liz for a little while?

I still have the video dude.

Such a great movie!!!!!

Alex fell asleep though, but she was the driver and we had to get up real early so I don't blame her. I'm just too much in love with MT to miss out on some killer fight scenes!!

Ed - if you and Hero hasn't seen it untill my return, we'll do it. Seriously, I could probably watch it over and over again! Assum!!

yah. we should all totally watch it together again. you, me, and ed.

Such a great movie!!!!!

yah. we should all totally watch it together again. you, me, and ed.

Absolutely-ism

Not to be a foreign film elitist but i liked Tom Yum Goong way more than The Protector. They cut out some scenes and redubbed the one Thai cops voice(even though in the original he was already speaking english).

Still an awesome movie no matter how you slice it. The editing just angered me a bit. Even took out some blood!!!!

Not to be a foreign film elitist but i liked Tom Yum Goong way more than The Protector. They cut out some scenes and redubbed the one Thai cops voice(even though in the original he was already speaking english).

Still an awesome movie no matter how you slice it. The editing just angered me a bit. Even took out some blood!!!!

well yeh of course the original is way better, duh!

Obviously I'd prefer it if they didn't use an elephant in the movie.

Yeah, that's a good point. All the sudden I'm not so interested in seeing this film. I mean, if I wouldn't go to the circus, why would I see this movie? Thanks for giving me something to think about, Richard.

Yeah, that's a good point. All the sudden I'm not so interested in seeing this film. I mean, if I wouldn't go to the circus, why would I see this movie? Thanks for giving me something to think about, Richard.

It isn't really so bad, but of course I don't know what happens behind the scenes. It would be pretty ridiculous if they were particularly cruel to the elephants, given that the whole movie is about the fact that it's wrong to harm animals. I am against any form of animal exploitation, including riding them. But I dunno, think about all the gelatine and cochineal that is used in special effects in films, it's the tip of the iceberg, and many films use animals to some extent. That's not to say that it's a good thing, just that it's pretty hard to avoid - I would respect someone's decision to boycott all non-vegan films! But ah, that's most films then

It isn't really so bad, but of course I don't know what happens behind the scenes. It would be pretty ridiculous if they were particularly cruel to the elephants, given that the whole movie is about the fact that it's wrong to harm animals. I am against any form of animal exploitation, including riding them. But I dunno, think about all the gelatine and cochineal that is used in special effects in films, it's the tip of the iceberg, and many films use animals to some extent. That's not to say that it's a good thing, just that it's pretty hard to avoid - I would respect someone's decision to boycott all non-vegan films! But ah, that's most films then

Tony Jaa takes care of elephants and cares for them as if they were his kids. elephants are major symbolism in Thailand. and while there is a crisis with people mistreating elephants, they were treating with upmost respect and care in making of this movie.

the mother and child elephants in movie are actually really mother and child in real life. anytime baby is being filmed, the mother is literally standing like 10-30 feet away behind the camera. watch the making of the movie.

seriously they took great care of the elephants.