40 miles of cycling/walking today

Hero

I'm going to get my eyeglasses today but its 20 miles away. So I am going to ride my old mountain bike (very heavy) all the way there, and when I cant pedal it, Im gonna walk at a fast pace. get my glasses and then pedal and walk back home. I have lots of hills to go up and down. and Im doing this on a time crunch too. I have to get there before they close.

I am very skinny and weak, and totally not prepared for a long journey like this. So wish me luck!

Being very skinny and weak is what you want to climb on a bike. Not completely weak but your stronger than a lot of pro cyclist that climb...too bad you've got a really heavy bike though.

I did 20 miles in an hour. I never got off once and never stopped cycle. I also didnt drink and water or eat any food while riding. I just got in the zone and got there in an hour. It was very hard with all the hills and the wind blowing, but I did it!

however coming home I took my time and did it in 2 hours, and I walked some of the way. I also had more weight on me, as I bought a canteloupe and blueberries at a produce stand.

Very fun!

my butt is just sore. it needs more muscle or I need a better seat. lol.

either way, cant wait til I can afford a good bicycle instead of this mountain bike from walmart.

20 miles in one hour is pretty good on a mountain bike...especially with knobby tires. You may need to change careers.

Thanks. I havent cycled in forever. I just had no other means for transportation, so I hopped on my bicycle and just rode. Im sure if I trained regularly and was eating right, I could do much better. I ran off of half a banana, a green apple, and a handful of dried cranberries. thats all I ate before I left.

And before the ride home I ate 1 small orange, and drank some kombucha and took another small handful of dried cranberries.

I dont have a career. lol. but I would love to get into cycling more. I know if I was on flat ground and had a good bicycle, I could have gone for 40 miles all in one shot.

I want to tour Europe on bicycle. But Im so afraid of overuse injury with riding. I have a lot of tendon problems.

But cycling seems like so much fun. I want it to be my main method of transportation. Thats why I need to move to a country I can get around without a car.

Cycling me be good for that though. More than anything its a way to get away from high impact things like running...which is why there are so many good 50 and even 60 yr old cyclists that can beat a lot of young guys.

But cycling seems like so much fun. I want it to be my main method of transportation. Thats why I need to move to a country I can get around without a car.

*cough*Portland*cough*

Seriously though - I know so many people who ride their bike as a primary mode of transport it's crazy. They're even close to getting me to start bike commuting.

Plus our bus system is crazy good and uses biodiesel I think.

Anyway.

Europe's nice too I hear. I only saw rome. I wouldn't rely on a bike there. Maybe a moped. But I thought the whole place was kind of a wreck anyway so I'm probably biased.

ps, good job on the bike ride

*cough*Portland*cough*

Seriously though - I know so many people who ride their bike as a primary mode of transport it's crazy. They're even close to getting me to start bike commuting.

Plus our bus system is crazy good and uses biodiesel I think.

Anyway.

Europe's nice too I hear. I only saw rome. I wouldn't rely on a bike there. Maybe a moped. But I thought the whole place was kind of a wreck anyway so I'm probably biased.

ps, good job on the bike ride

portland is my favorite city in the USA. i absolutely love it there, and I wish I was there right now. lucky vegans at the VV getting to be in portland...hehe.

seriously though i absolutely love portland

I wish I could ride a bike around here as my means of transportation, well, I could coast downhill into town, but the ride home....

go do it man. its not that bad. I rode from my house to the stroud mall and back