Swore I'd never run for fun...

NikkiNik

I've been vegan for 3 years. After coaching a soccer team this spring I decided I wanted to become more active.

I started bike commuting-2 miles each way-and yoga for an hour in the morning. For the past couple weeks that has been replaced with a 2-3 mile jog pretty much everyday. I really love it but some days it is hard and I wonder if I am jogging too much (or eating the wrong food).

For my fitness routine, I want to do more to tone up. I joined a gym but before I hit the weights, I'm thinking I might want a personal trainer.

My friend gave me a huge thing of Vega meal replacement so I've been doing that in the morning with fruit. I eat mostly fruit, tofu, seeds, nuts and nut butter, and guacamole until I crave restaurant food and gorge in the evening. So as far as food goes, I'm trying to get into better habits (as well as cutting out alcohol and my random smoking that I am only admitting to that publicly so I will stop ).

When I read through some discussions here it made me feel like I could join an awesome community and keep motivated to get and stay fit. Best wishes to everyone here!!!

A MTV Yoga video...hehehe. It is pretty basic and makes me feel awesome. I have never taken a class though, so I am going to see what that is like at the gym I just joined.

Thanks for the link about the trainer and the warm welcome!!!

Welcome to our group! Awesome that you got some Vega too That is the company that I work for.

Thank you for finding our community. I hope you enjoy the group here and we look forward to hearing more from you.

All the best and welcome aboard!