Anyone want to take the lead role next year?

robert

I'm seriously thinking of taking a step back in certain areas, including as organizer of the Vegan Vacation. I organize at least 3 large scale events per year and it's very taxing on me and draining for me.

I still want to be involved of course, but I think in order to be more effective in everyday life, I need to step back from things. I mean, you guys/gals saw me this year, and some of you saw me during our first year too. I'm just a mess because I take on too many things and too much responsibility.

Anyone interested in taking a lead role or "the" lead role in 2008? I have a few people in mind, but figured I'd post it here too.

Thanks!

Awesome! I'm sure loveliberate and lotus would like to be involved too. I just haven't asked them about lead roles yet. I just thought of that a few days ago when I decided I needed to cut back on the things that I do, especially some of the event organizing. I just can't handle it all anymore and others would be more effective.

Thanks Jessifly!

I think we definitely need to try to raise funds to keep everyone together for the vacation, the separation part was fine, but I think it would be much cooler to keep everyone together at the same place. (example being this year staying at the beach house instead of all over portland).

Any others want to take a leadership role?

I think I'm passing the torch to Jessifly. I know the loveliberate and lotus will be heavily involved and so will I, but Jessifly may be the new leader of this event.

I'm sure it will continue to grow and get bigger and better each year. We love building community and we'd love to see you in Portland/Seattle in 2008!

You should be on the planning committee After all, it was Michelle from Texas who found that Beach House for us. So much work and research can be done over the internet and phone, no matter where you are.

Jessi and I talked about having it in Portland/Seattle in 08. It doesn't mean the city the whole time, we still called it "Portland" in 07 but we were on the Coast for 4 days. So there are lots of options. We're starting the planning NOW, so we'll be way ahead of schedule. We're already fundraising too, that is what we were doing today.

Keep the ideas coming so we can have another great community building event.

I will defientalyl try and be there( I said try because life is always either ever changing or unpredictable. But just tell me roughly how much it cost's and I'll rmeember to save that much)

We're not going to know for a few months, at least, start saving your pennies now anyway.

I would love to be a part of V. V. 2008. Whether that means just attending the event, and/or helping with it too. I don't live anywhere near Portland, so I'm not sure what I might be able to contribute, but you never know what lies ahead. And hopefully I'll be in a much better financial state next year.

Lotus & I are definitely up for helping Jessi & everyone with VV'08 - now let's talk details! I'd love to see a lot more folks mor actively sharing in the planning, fundraising & all the other tasks needed to make our gathering a great success.

Jessi, Whats' the idea behind the Portland/Seattle split?

What are other peoples ideas on where, when & what VV'08 should be?

What do folks like & dislike about VV in '06 & '07?

I'd be game to make pots for everyone again...lets say a bowl and a mug for $20 per person staying at the house so long as it all went back into rent or food.