Chevrolet's "flex fuel" vegetarian commercial

9nines

Has anyone seen this commercial? I saw it once.

It has a Chevrolet truck, with a teacher-type adult, and several grade-school aged children sitting on the ground. The teacher asks how many of the children are vegetarians. About 5 of the seven raise their hands. The teachers then says, you know this truck is a vegetarian. Then he goes on to describe flex fuel, etc. and then ends so you can see this truck is sort of a vegetarian. The kids laugh but act intelligent and say, well, maybe.

It actually is a positive spin on vegetarianism. First, it indicates the majority of the kids are vegetarians (I could actually see non-vegetarian parents taking offense to that because it tries to imply most kids are) and it shows that being vegetarian is a good thing, trying to advertise the truck is one.

Anyone else seen it?

Has anyone seen this commercial? I saw it once.

It has a Chevrolet truck, with a teacher-type adult, and several grade-school aged children sitting on the ground. The teacher asks how many of the children are vegetarians. About 5 of the seven raise their hands. The teachers then says, you know this truck is a vegetarian. Then he goes on to describe flex fuel, etc. and then ends so you can see this truck is sort of a vegetarian. The kids laugh but act intelligent and say, well, maybe.

It actually is a positive spin on vegetarianism. First, it indicates the majority of the kids are vegetarians (I could actually see non-vegetarian parents taking offense to that because it tries to imply most kids are) and it shows that being vegetarian is a good thing, trying to advertise the truck is one.

Anyone else seen it?

I hadn't, but it sounds good. Even if flexfuel may be bunk

Yes, I saw that, but I just assumed that I was hallucinating.

It's surprisingly cool, and a HUGE shift from the big truck-big man mentality that seems pervasive in those circles.

Yes, it actually implies being vegetarian is "cool" and the "in-thing."