My Introduction

Mehrad

My name Mehrad, Im 16 and I come from Greater London, Uk.

I have decided to become vegan on the basis of moral and spiritual decision and the fact that one of my goals are is to build more muscle, look lean and natural. Aside from that I use to do Karate, but now I want to do something more full contact, to prove myself I am a strong person and big-headed egotistic fighters dont always win Im trying our my brothers TKD class, but I wouldnt mind trying out some Muay Thai/MMA.

I have to be honest with you I am not 100% vegan. Its very hard to convince my parents to let me become vegan, let alone being vegetarian (which lasted only a year). So I have decided to be 80-90% vegan secretly. I want to look good and comepete one day in martial art tournements, just like the VB team here. Im abit stuck on what to do for a nutrional plan or workout plan, mostly becuase i dont have any supplements (ie. whey) at my disposal which is ok becuase they personal make me want to puke! Dairy and me dont go well together! I joined this forum becuase I need all the support to succeed from people who understand my problems

Thank you for listening

Welcome Mehrad! My parents were very worried when I first became vegan, but I was over 18 (I live in America, I don't know what the age of adulthood is elsewhere) and they couldn't stop me. I kept it secret at first, so that when they found out months later, they would realize that I was actually looking healthier. It worked great.

Thanks for the warm welcoming guys

What do you think of my current diet?

Today I had:

7:00PM

Hummus in a wholeweat wrap

3 dates

Cup of Tea

10:00pm

Apple

Cup of mix nuts

12:30

Salad

Cup of Tea

3:00pm

Persimmon Fruit

Cup of Mix Nuts

5:00pm

200grams mix nuts and dried fruit

250ml water

8:00pm

one small orange

hummus in wholeweat wrap

Welcome to the forum So whats the big hangup with the parents. It seems you have access to enough vegan food to just not eat the non vegan stuff.

Because I'm a "young athlete" they think I need meat and dairy for sport....and my mum cannot cook for two, she also doesnt trust me in the kitchen.

Im actually too ashamed to tell what i REALLY had for lunch yesterday because its just too shameful

Also I think Ive suffered the concequences of too much fibre,,i think ive developed some type of food poisening

Welcoem Mehrad!

IMO you should try to provide info to you parents concerning vegan diet. Maybe this one helps. Take a look at Page 754 (VEGETARIANISM THROUGHOUT THE LIFE CYCLE).

If they show some interest give them "The China Study" or "Diet for a new America" or "Food Revolution" to read. Maybe it helps them accepting your choice.