Volleyball

dontxhide

I am kitty sitting for my friends who have cable television. I dont have a TV at all so its weird just flipping through channels and watching society unfold around us.

Anyways.

They had a womens college volleyball game on, and as a male, I was of course drawn to it.

I used to play in high school on a boys volleyball team. We took state champions and I was named top player in our state.

So it was nice watching this. Then I started looking at their body structure and their legs are huge! I love it! I guess that why I like watching girls soccer also. Big damn strong legs.

It got me wanting to play some beach volleyball, to bad we are covered in almost 5 inches of snow right now.

Awesome that you were state champs!

I suck at it, but love the sport! I especially like playing on the beach too.

Maybe during Vegan Vacation we'll bust out a game!

P.S. I'll be in SLC on the 3rd but just at the airport for 2 hours on my way back home.

Awesome that you were state champs!

I suck at it, but love the sport! I especially like playing on the beach too.

Maybe during Vegan Vacation we'll bust out a game!

P.S. I'll be in SLC on the 3rd but just at the airport for 2 hours on my way back home.

Aw man, I can't even imagine how a game of volleyball would unfold on the beach in Oregon with how windy the beach was, that could be interesting.

Well Robert, your not missing much. Just snow everywhere. Although we do have an amazing all vegan chinese restaraunt thats amazing. Wish you could stay longer so I could meet you!

Last time I went to Cannon Beach (last summer) it wasnt too bad. It was good enough to fling the frisbee around.

• 4 weeks later...

I love evergreen cafe she is wonderful. I was able to convince Mrs Tu into switching to organic fair trade sugar so now i can eat there guilt free.

Hey dontxhide they do have all year round volleyball in Utah i played a half a season last year. Its an indoor arena.

here are the details:

Hey folks,

The weather seems to have turned to fall, so I thought you might be interested in indoor sports now.

Open Gym Indoor Volleyball on Tuesday nights. This is at the same complex we played in last fall. Cost is $5/visit per person. See

http://www.imvolleyball.org/index.php/Adult-Leagues/Section-Adult-Leagues/

If can go, please email [email protected] on Monday and tell him

1. Your name

2. Your level (A or B, if you think you are A, you probably are)

3. What position you would like to play (MB, OH, S, OP, DS)

(if 2 & 3 scare you, just send your name!)

Things get going around 7 PM and we play until around 9:30. Previous attendance has been around 24-30 people with men and women playing on random teams.

I hope to see you there.

Bests,

Chris Pounds

+1 510 213 4317/m

(Sorry for the spam. Once you sign up with Scott, you will be on his reminder list.)

this is the address for the gym:

2595A W Custer Rd.,

Salt Lake City, Utah, 84104

You're lucky to have boys volleyball. There aren't any HS teams in Maryland. Most guys here think only gay guys play volleyball. Anyhow I think part of that is because guys don't play here...girls do and they beat the guys. Its weird seeing how bad the guys who do play out here are though. I think an average boys HS team from Hawaii would demolish most college men's teams in the Mid Atlantic.

I tried volleyball once, but the experience wasn't that great. They had a womens volleyball time at the gym, and I figured it would be fun. But it ended up just being intimidating as all the other females were already on their high school sports team, and they were quite fierce lol. Lets just say I got beamed quite a few times, and with no apologies at all. I think others must have felt the same way because they don't offer this anymore.

You're lucky to have boys volleyball. There aren't any HS teams in Maryland. Most guys here think only gay guys play volleyball. Anyhow I think part of that is because guys don't play here...girls do and they beat the guys. Its weird seeing how bad the guys who do play out here are though. I think an average boys HS team from Hawaii would demolish most college men's teams in the Mid Atlantic.

Lol funny enough i was on a gay volleyball league. Those dudes were brutal. I was on the remedial team, it was me corky from life goes on and a girl with gum stick in her hair and a lazy eye. And i didnt even make captain.

Anywho the point is gay or not get enough power behind the ball and that shit sings in the air and freaks me out. You could hear it sailing over the net to smack into someones face with a sickening wet thud, then collapse.

Oh I know it...I just think it sucks that everyone things male volleyball players are gay...they think the same thing about cyclists too. Nothing against being gay of course...I even beat up a guy years ago who kept making anti gay remarks to me and my "actual gay" friends...I'm not gay but I pretended I was and rubbed it in his face.

Volleyball is a great sport.

I play for a gay club (we have about 80 members) here in Sydney, but we play in a straight comp...

It's funny to see some homophobic straight boy get absolutely smacked by a skinny little thai boy (A gay team won the national championships in Thailand a couple of years ago, they made a movie about it called Iron Ladies)

Anyway Dontxhide, I hope you get back into volleyball with your height you could have a lot of fun.

Awesome story Sydneyvegan...hopefully I'll be able to get ahold of the movie one of these days. I hope they were drag queens too. I'm assuming they didn't get much ridicule though(which is great). I've been to Thailand and it seems people don't really think twice about people being gay. Here you'd probably wind up finding out the straight team all committed suicide the day after getting beaten by a gay team.

• 4 weeks later...

I LOVE volleyball!!!!!

I had high aspirations until I blew out my ankle at 17 yrs old.

I lost 6" off my vertical jump which I was never able to get back.

I actually tried a comeback and made my University team but I decided to quit (I think it was an excercise to prove that I could do it) I knew I couldn't go any further than that level and it would have meant another year or two at school.

I still love to smack the ball around. Competive play hurts the ankle too much though.

I think the level of play has greatly improved over the past 20 years.

Fun to play and fun to watch!!!!!