1 Vegan, 1 Raw foodist on "Celebrity Apprentice"

New World Vegan

Starting Jan 3, 2008 http://www.nbc.com/The_Celebrity_Apprentice/

Marilu Henner and Carol Alt(Raw foodist since 1993), are among the 14 celebrities. The charity Marilu is playing for is PCRM: The Physician's Committee for Responsible Medicine(They recomend a Vegan diet- even for babies). http://www.pcrm.org/

I'm hoping they get in some promotion of veganism. We could use it after that crap from Carol simontacchi on Coast to coast(mailto:[email protected]). These celebs are widely know for their way of eating. And they've both writen books concerning it.

Edited by New World Vegan

Carol Alt is a pesco raw foodist...not vegan unfortunately...she eats raw fish. I was very perplexed when I saw that some of the raw recipes in her book had fish in it.

Oh...Henner isn't vegan either...unless she changed very recently. I've seen cage free eggs with a Henner approval stamp on it...with some of her own recipes on the package.

Oh...Henner isn't vegan either...unless she changed very recently. I've seen cage free eggs with a Henner approval stamp on it...with some of her own recipes on the package.

Yeah, she's on the back of my sucanant package endorsing a recipe that includes eggs (I think it even says it's her recipe).

Hopefully nonetheless they are able to promote plant-based diets on the show (which I have never seen).

quite the spectrum of people on the new Celebrity Apprentice...I'm looking forward to watching how somebody like Tito Ortiz (the MMA fighter) does

Caught it last eve. The men's team have MANY more familiar, big names on it, very impressive team. Most of the women are doing the typical in fighting and finger pointing I see so much in women (caddy). Quite sad, you could almost see the claws.

From reading one of Henner's books in the mid 90's, I thought she didn't eat animal products. Maybe you mean vegan in the "strict" sense. Then she isn't. On the show they were all selling hot dogs.

you could almost see the claws

In fairness, that usually happens with the loosing team. But yeah, Omarosa seams like she eats raw meat...or needs some.

Yes they aren't vegan in the strict sense but vegan in the not so strict sense...the same way Bob Evans isn't vegan but has some non meat additives added to his meat patties.

• 3 weeks later...