Sleeping aids

robert

Don't be surprised if you have vivid dreams, that's deep sleep cycle.

Robert,

400mg magnesium + 50mg zinc without calcium 30 minutes to 1 hour before bed. You may also want to get some melatonin it really helps me get to sleep, the zma helps me get quality sleep. Melatonin made me feel bad in the morning a few times, but lately it's been fine.

Try those two, you'll probably be happy with them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZMA_%28supplement%29

I'd like to know about the vivid dreams claims -- Zack, can you comment, please. I'd like to know what your experience has been.

ROBBIE, is the ZMA product dangerous for women in some way? I read that it was safe for women to use.

Thanks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a lot of ZMA is placebo. The guy who came up with it is a genious(made THE CLEAR which elite athletes have been testing negative while using for a long time). However unlike things like creatine...blind ZMA studies have shown nothing in terms of recovery. All the positive ZMA studies I've seen over the years have been done by companies that make ZMA. The few studies I've seen done in University settings have shown the same perceived recovery increases in the placebo users and ZMA users. Normally the placebo users feel the benefits of things like this but not at an equal portion to the people really taking ZMA...I can't recall any of those studies mentioning sleep though.

Well...apparently vivid dreams aren't deep sleep cycles, but anyways...

I take zinc and magnesium every night and I always feel like the quality of my sleep is better when I do. I have vivid dreams almost every night...Since I'm a young male I'm sure you can figure that most of those dreams are about sex and war/survival type stuff.

haha

I have dreams every night now, before I barely ever did.

Thats true...or your recall of dreams and your association of that moment and the pills are sub conscientiously linked which makes more sense to me. If it did have this effect the psychedelic drug market would really lose a big following since ZMA is so darn cheap.

I can imagine those drugs make you more sensitive to everything around you. I've seen people nearly passed out on ecstasy...then the next morning they can't stop talking about how good of a time they had...little do they know they were only standing up for 20 minutes of the party.

I can imagine those drugs make you more sensitive to everything around you. I've seen people nearly passed out on ecstasy...then the next morning they can't stop talking about how good of a time they had...little do they know they were only standing up for 20 minutes of the party.

What does this have to do with bodybuilding supplements?

What do dreams have to do with bodybuilding supplements...you didn't repremand anyone for bringing that up...plus I was addressing your comment.

Thats true but you never chimed in about others going off topic...I was just stating how this stuff probably doesn't do anything....dreams/sleep was also the last thing I addressed in a minor fashion...then you started talking about sex, war and survival This is stupid and you should lock this thread too but this time it would be partly your fault.

Thats true but you addressed the smallest portion of my post...then I addressed you...then you questioned me going off topic after you did it more than me. I can't wait till it rains so your soap box melts a little.

Thats true but you addressed the smallest portion of my post...then I addressed you...then you questioned me going off topic after you did it more than me. I can't wait till it rains so your soap box melts a little.

No as far as I can tell I addressed your whole post. Your first post was basically trashing a supplement that I'm not sure you've even used, but I'm not going to say you haven't. How zinc and magnesium relates to psychadelic drugs is beyond me.

I didn't go off topic at all, just addressed raven's question.

I have a soap box?

I didn't trash it...I stated that the studies have shown it does nothing...just as with many things. So I'd say the studies trashed ZMA. I related the Zinc and Magnesium to drugs when you said it makes your dreams more vivid. If nobody mentioned dreams I would have never mentioned them because it wasn't addressed in any of the studies I've read.

And yes...you have a soap box.

I would try it if the studies made remote sense...the studies I've seen are far too definitive for me to try them...it wouldn't hurt me outside of the $5 for a small bottle but I could buy inner tubes with that money.

soap boxes, sex and wild dreams aside...

Zach isn't the first person to mention that ZMA works as a night sleep aid. I've heard this from lots of people... but now I might take it just for the mind trip... my life could use some cheap thrills

(clearing of the throat... just tryinto to lighten the mood)

Don't be surprised if you have vivid dreams, that's deep sleep cycle.

Robert,

400mg magnesium + 50mg zinc without calcium 30 minutes to 1 hour before bed. You may also want to get some melatonin it really helps me get to sleep, the zma helps me get quality sleep. Melatonin made me feel bad in the morning a few times, but lately it's been fine.

Try those two, you'll probably be happy with them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZMA_%28supplement%29

I'd like to know about the vivid dreams claims -- Zack, can you comment, please. I'd like to know what your experience has been.

ROBBIE, is the ZMA product dangerous for women in some way? I read that it was safe for women to use.

Thanks

It,s not dangerous but it does or surpose to raise testorone levels so it,s aimed[sales wise] at men,re dreams this is minerals doing that same as taking a B-complex at night[which you should]you get some wried dreams ROBBIEx

I think a lot of ZMA is placebo. The guy who came up with it is a genious(made THE CLEAR which elite athletes have been testing negative while using for a long time). However unlike things like creatine...blind ZMA studies have shown nothing in terms of recovery. All the positive ZMA studies I've seen over the years have been done by companies that make ZMA. The few studies I've seen done in University settings have shown the same perceived recovery increases in the placebo users and ZMA users. Normally the placebo users feel the benefits of things like this but not at an equal portion to the people really taking ZMA...I can't recall any of those studies mentioning sleep though.
Great post,I have put lot,s of people on ZMA and not one have come back with good results,it,s very good marketing like a lot of supplements.ROBBIEx

soap boxes, sex and wild dreams aside...

Zach isn't the first person to mention that ZMA works as a night sleep aid. I've heard this from lots of people... but now I might take it just for the mind trip... my life could use some cheap thrills

(clearing of the throat... just tryinto to lighten the mood)

VP don,t waste your money if you want a good mind trip and also increase your GH levels try GABA,plus it hightens the pleasure during sex that,s if you can stay awake

ROBBIEx

Thanks

It,s not dangerous but it does or surpose to raise testorone levels so it,s aimed[sales wise] at men,re dreams this is minerals doing that same as taking a B-complex at night[which you should]you get some wried dreams ROBBIEx

Thanks, ROBBIE.

Great post,I have put lot,s of people on ZMA and not one have come back with good results,it,s very good marketing like a lot of supplements.ROBBIEx

And thanks for this too

this may be off-topic, but considering people are talking about how to have dreams, technically everyone has multiple dreams during the night, just that many people don't remember them. You can train yourself to remember them through simple mental exercises. You can also train yourself to become aware that you are dreaming during the sleep process so that you are conscious or semi-conscious within a dream. In these moments, the dreams seem very vivid since you are aware of your dream state.

I've trained myself in the past to accomplish this. all you have to do is remind yourself every hour or so throughout the day to question your state of being, ask yourself whether you are dreaming or not and make an effort to confirm whether you are or aren't by simply trying to pull and stretch your finger or if possible jump and try to fly if noones looking. It also helps to maintain as much awareness during the days as you continueally remind yourself to question whether you're dreaming or not. you can also use trigger objects for instance; whenever you look at a clock, ask yourself if you're dreaming.

the point of this exercise is to condition your subconscious mind into the habit of questioning if you're dreaming and truelly wondering if you are. If you can make it a habit, then it is more likely that you'll question reality during a dream and then have a chance to realize you're dreaming.

also, it is easier to remember dreams that you become aware within. a name for it is lucid dreaming.

if you want to remember your dreams everyday, you should try not to awake from an alarm, and simply open your eyes without moving, the less movements you make, the easier it is to recall your dreams. it also helps to write down your dreams in a journal as this helps you get into a routine as well as gives you a records of your dreams.